I HAVE MANY MANY QUESTIONS ABOUT INTERIOR DeSIGN!!!!! HELP PLEASE SOMEONE WITH KNOWLEDGE!!!?

Ok, i live in northern california and was curious to know how to go about pursuing a career in interior design. i am currently attending a community college and wanted to transfer soon to a University or CalState. I am looking for a reputable school for Interior Design that I can obtain a BFA in Interior... show more Ok, i live in northern california and was curious to know how to go about pursuing a career in interior design. i am currently attending a community college and wanted to transfer soon to a University or CalState.

I am looking for a reputable school for Interior Design that I can obtain a BFA in Interior Design/Architecture. Which schools (preferably in the Los Angeles area) are best suited for this? who offers the best programs? also, does anyone have any tips on building a portfolio? how do i build a portfolio when it comes to interior design?

Also, do designers have much success with certificates only?