Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

If you were the Phillies, would you let Happ go?

Appearently they want Happ and another top prospect for Halladay, would you trade Happ?

Best Answer

Absolutely, he's good, but not as good as what Halladay can get you for at least the next 2 years, possibly 2 championships. Thre real question is what else are they going to throw into the deal. If its Happ, Drabek, and 2 more of your top prospects, as the Jays have been asking for 4 guys in return, then I say no.

Man, that's a tough call but I think I'd do it. Doc would certainly make them the front runners to win the NLCS. Basically my thought process is give the team their best chance at winning another championship this year and try to sign Halladay to an extension as soon as possible - like right after the season is over. If Halladay won't sign an extension, you've got him for next season and if things aren't working out you ship him off to an AL team to replenish your farm system at the trade deadline. If things are working out well in the 2nd year, you do your best to make another run at a World Series and thus make it that much easier to re-sign him for 2011 and beyond.

Imagine having Halladay and Hamels as your 1-2 punch in the postseason. Brutal for any team they would be facing.

No way, but Halladay would give the Phils a huge edge vs the Dodgers or Cardinals in the NLCS.

If they were going to trade him for Roy Halladay then yes.

no he is a good player

sorry but if wang doesnt return dey will get holladay i mean yanks on mlb n u kno dey get wat dey want