How do I convince my family that I'm serious about becoming a vegetarian?

I'm fourteen years old and I'm trying to become a vegetarian. I've pretty much stayed away from red meat for a while because of many reasons: I hate the taste, too much saturated fat, animal suffering, ect... I'm having /a bit/ of trouble with the fish and turkey, but it's going well. For so... show more I'm fourteen years old and I'm trying to become a vegetarian. I've pretty much stayed away from red meat for a while because of many reasons: I hate the taste, too much saturated fat, animal suffering, ect...

I'm having /a bit/ of trouble with the fish and turkey, but it's going well. For so long I've been trying to convince my parents that I'm serious about this, that I'll stick to it, and that I wont eat the meat they fix for dinner, but my father just gets angry and rants about things such as, "You have a good meal in front of you while many kids are starving."

I realize this, yet I try to tell him that it's my choice and that I have my personal reasons for my choice. I've tried so hard to explain to him that it's about the animal's well being and that I don't want to be a part of animal suffering/cruelty. My father is a devout meat eater, particularly red meat and chicken.

I was wondering if there might be any way I could get him to understand my reasonings. Help me out?