What are your thoughts/opinions on the Pittsburgh Pirates?

I personally think they are the best team in the MLB, what do you think?

Best Answer

I've been a life-long Pirates fan and after so many years of frustration, the Bucs finally have a front office with a real plan on how to get competitive again. GM Neal Huntington is a risk taker and not afraid to trade popular players for possible future stars. Not all of his trades will work, but he is doing what he thinks will eventually lead to a very good baseball team. He has amassed a huge amount of talent for the Pirates minor leagues system and now it's one of the better ones in baseball. All this in less than 2 years. I honestly think the Bucs will climb over the .500 mark as early as next season, and be a playoff contender by 2011 or 2012. Yes, they've given up on this year--but they weren't going to win anything anyway, but they've helped themselves for the near future and beyond.

Source(s): Seen almost 17 years of losing and they're finally on the right track!

they are okay but the pirates are not the best team in the MLB at least not record wise. but they are cool i guess. They would lead the leage in wins if it weren't for all there trade. But you have to do with what you have. And I think that they are a great young team that has a serious chance to content in the NL Central in the near future.

I think the Pirates had what it took to really contend in the NL Central if they still had Bay, Morgan and McLouth.

Zach Duke is looking good and Paul Maholm can be a solid pitcher for them. They also have a very consistent hitter in Freddy Sanchez. Andrew McCutchen is going to be a great 5-tooled player for them as well.

Simple! They stink. However, they're a pretty young team, so I'm watching them in the years to come.

lol really if the phillies never exsisted i always said id be a Pirates fan they are cool

i kinda like them, it would be cool to see them do well, but they are a AAA team. they trade any good player they have and it seems like the management dose not care about winning.

They're a pretty cool team. I'd play for 'em.