127.0.0.0? What is it?

I don't know what it is. All of a sudden it just came on the computer and sometimes when i start Internet it'll be like "Jetbroadband is proud to be your high-speed internet service. Call this number to confirm account details." And it wasn't like this before. And it won't let me get creds on imvu and it won't let me review on fanfiction. I wanna know what happened because it wasn't like this before. Someone tell me what to do...please.

And how do I get it back to the old way?

• Ron M
    Favorite Answer

127.0.0.0 is know as a "loop back" address. It refers your system back to its self. It is also part of all networks. It is not dangerous and does not need to be removed. For more info on this check the following link.

http://www.faqs.org/docs/linux_network/x-087-2-iss...

It is the last IP Address for a Class A Network =

Class A comprises networks 1.0.0.0 through 127.0.0.0. The network number is contained in the first octet. This class provides for a 24-bit host part, allowing roughly 1.6 million hosts per network.

Network 127.0.0.0 is reserved for IP traffic local to your host

Usually, address 127.0.0.1 will be assigned to a special interface on your host, the loop back interface, which acts like a closed circuit.

Four numbers between 0 and 255 separated by periods is usually an IP address. I'm no expert though.

• elsass

Jetbroadband

An IP address.

In simple terms, it's the IP address that your computer uses to refer to itself.

In the Windows 'hosts' file, it can be used to assign any URL to your computer. For example, if you don't want anyone who uses your computer to be able to go to

h t t p : / / w w w . g e n e r i c p o r n s i t e . c o m,

you could add the line

127.0.0.1 h t t p : / / w w w . g e n e r i c p o r n s i t e . c o m

to the hosts file.

[I spaced the preceding URLs out because I don't know whether there is such a Web site, and I don't want you to be able to 'accidentally' click the link that would have been inserted in my answer if I had left the URL whole.]

127.0.0.0 is the address of the class-A network that is reserved for local addresses (127.0.0.0/8) it is _NOT_ a loop-back address. Any IP in the 127.0.0.1-127.254.254.254 is a loop-back. Most computers have a host file entry for "localhost" to 127.0.0.1 which is their "default loop-back address".

Hello,

It looks like you have a bad virus or trojan. You can remove these by downloading this software, it's called MalwareBytes Anti-Malware. Just run a quick scan and you should be fine!

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Source(s): Past Experience

Dont worry at all . Its your loop back IP address. i.e it can be used as the ip address of your computer,locally.

It's the subnet address of home.

127.0.0.0