Arlene Phillips being replaced by Alesha Dixon on Strictly, is it too late to change it back?

I like X Factor, but I love Strictly. The whole reason I watch Strictly is because its about the dancing, with trained professional judges rather than just young pretty girls. Not that I don't love Alesha, I think she's great, but she knows nothing about ballroom dancing (aside from what she learnt whilst learning dances for the show 2 years ago) and as everyone knows, Arlene does. As well as the fact that its ageist and sexist, its the BBC trying to Cole-ise the show by making it "down with the kids". Do they not realise that this is not the Strictly audience, and nor will it be with the inclusion of Alesha. She's not as "cool" as Cheryl anyway and some people just don't like ballroom dancing... full stop.

I've heard there's been a backlash (much like my rant!) and I wondered if it was too late for them to turn the clock back?

Best Answer

It is ageism at it's best, I am no fan of Arlene, but she knows her stuff!

As for the BBC trying the Cole-ise..........I think it has feck all to do with Cole being on XF myself, the two programmes are different, you will always choose one over the other regadless who is judging!

I hear you .... replacing Arlene with Alesha was a stupid decision as her knowledge of dance techniques is very limited. If they wanted a younger woman on the show then at least they could have decided on an ex professional instead of a another pop tart.

At least we still have Craig, Len and Bruno for the knowledge but I shall miss Arlene.

I hope it's not too late.

I would suggest that the BBC thought that Arlene's skin was too white, and was not in line with some of the government's instructions to the BBC.

I'm also sick and tired of some brainwashing topics being included in nearly every soap as a result of these instructions.

It's never too late, bring her back. I don't like her and find her quite boring, but at least Arlene knows her stuff. Alisha Dixon is a nice girl and a good dancer, but she will have no technical knowledge about dancing.