xdeathoreox asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

what bike is better? mountain and road bike?

if you could please tell me which bike is better and WHY. the mongoose snare or the mongoose blackcomb i don't want suggestions too other bikes just these ty

Favorite Answer

the snare... all day!!!

please answer mine

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AtkvY...

in terms of looks you gotta go for the snare. but there is one huge problem with these bikes, the price. these are both way too cheap to be offering disc brakes just think where they got the money from, a poor frame, crappy suspension. you'll regret the ability to stop a little faster if it means sacrificing comfort or the need for more repairs.and look at the starting prices for the full suspension bikes at evans or even non apollo ones at halfords, it just means more crappy .components but as you don't want other bikes go for the snare, it has a more conventional and logical frame. plus people are less likely to think you riding around on a bike with a lower life expectancy than a fly. the subtle grey and white will hide your same.

• Jasin

Depends on the terrain really. You can use a lightweight mountain bike on the street if you prefer mountain bikes. I would get street wheels though, unless your area is street and off road both. In that case I would get some combo, street/off road wheels. Some good brands are trek, specialized, and giant. They all make excellent bikes.

Road bike is better if you like fast bikes and you don't like wasting energy. Mountain bikes are better if you're going up hill or something. Mountain bikes to me are the more popular bikes, but road to me are better. Hope this really helped you.

it al depends where you like to ride. if you like riding on dirt trails and the woods then a mountain bike is the way to go. but if you mostly like to ride on roads the a road bike is the way to go. but if you like riding both then go with the mountain bike because you can ride on the road with a higher psi in your tires and when you wanna go on some trails lower your psi and you set.

hop that helps at all!!!

Source(s): i have a mountain bike and ride both on trails and road

They are both poor quality Walmart bikes.

mountain bikes

Source(s): me :)

mogoose snare if you like speed blakcomb if you want technical rides

Road bikes if your on road areas more...

Mountain all the way!!!!!!