Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicTelevisionOther - Television · 1 decade ago

Which channel is going downhill the most? Nickelodeon, Disney Channel or Cartoon Network?

I think that 3 of these shows went downhill severly.

Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon used to the best in 90's through the early 00's. I remember good quality shows like Angry Beaver, the Rugrats, Doug, Hey Arnold As Told By Ginger, Ren & Stimpy, Aww Real Monster, the old Spongebob, and they are also good live action like the Amanda Show, Drake & Josh, Kenan & Kel, Clarissa Explains it all, Pete & Pete, Are You Afraid of the Dark, the First half of All That, Brothers Garcia, Taina, and Cousin Skeeter.

Now Nickelodeon is spiraling downhill, the only thing that is decent is Spongebob, the Avatar, the Fairly odd parents and Nick at Night. The new Nickelodeon has no originality, all these shows like Unfabulous and Zoey 101 are stupid, I mean it's so extra glamourized, all these girls wear loads of makeup, date, make out, they're not really being kids. All those new cartoon on Nick is retarded like Madagascar and Mighty Bee, don't get me started on Icarly, and that new show called Tru Jackson VP. It's sad to see Nickelodeon declining real badly.

Disney Channel

Disney suffers the same fate as Nickelodeon but worse.

I remember Disney at it's best, I remember good quality shows like So Weird, Famous Jett Jackson, the Proud Family, Kim Possible, Lizzie Mcguire, Even Steven, That's So Raven, Phil of the Future and Suit Life of Zack & Cody.

I used to like the first season of Hannah Montana then the later show got annoying and repetitive. Overall Hannah Montana is a stupid show, the Suite life on Deck is annoying too, so is Cory in the House, That wizard show, and even the Jonas Brothers have their own show, they suck at singing. it's funny how every disney stars "sings" but they can't, Disney is like a warm up for the people to become famous in their adult life. Their cartoon sucks too. Disney have to stoop so low, I feel bad that they ruined Walt Disney's dream, and his image so there greedy corporation can make a quick buck.

The only show that I can tolerate right now is Phineas and Ferb.

Cartoon

Cartoon Network is in decline to. I remember good quality show that is worth watching like Johnny Bravo, The Powerpuff girl, Dexter's Laboratory, Edd, Ed, & Eddy, Foster's Home for imaginary Friend, Grim Adventure of Billy & Mandy, Teen Titans, Ton & Jerry and Loony Tunes.

Now Cartoon Network stoop so low too, those bad shows like 6 Teen, Total Drama Island, Chowder, My Gym Partner is monkey, George of the Jungle, Camp Lazlo, Flap Jack, don't get me started on that show, Flapjack and Chowder got to be the most retarded show ever, there shows are for 5 years old, people would loss an I.Q or two on watching that show. They even have reality shows on Cartoon Newtork, REALITY SHOWS ON CARTOON NETWORK, it's like putting Family Guy on Nick Jr.

Overall these channels are in really big trouble. I would rather watch Dora the Explorer then these shows that I just mentioned. Alteast is not retarded and actually have a plot.

Don't get me started on MTV, BET and VH1.

MTV used to show music video 24/7, now it's just reality show junk, like the real world, parental guidance, super sweet 16, is she really going out with him and stupid teen rich preppy shows like Laguna Beach and The Hills.

BET used to be good, now it's just ghetto trash.

VH1 used to be good, now they are obsessed with reality show fights, and stupid trashy shows like Daisy of Love, and Charm School.

Seriously, these channels should be out of business, or they need to improve on their shows before it's too late.

Favorite Answer

Cartoon Network crashed years ago. There are no good shows on it anymore. Nickelodeon and Disney are both still relatively popular and kids I know are into both of them, while most have never even heard of CN.

• kotts

Nick Channel Cartoons

Well. When this question was asked Cartoon Network had gone down hill the most. Although now I think Nickelodeon has gotten the worst, whilst disney kinda just kept at the same standard of trash, nickelodeon went from drake and josh, spongebob, ICarly, jenan and kel ect. To "the thundermans" what the actual heck is that crud?! It's a rip off version of that's annoying program on disney XD with something about bionic super humans. And sam and cat, in my opinion, was one of their worst spin offs yet. So in conclusion, in my opinion, nickelodeon has gone downhill the most.

I think Nickelodeon sucks the most now. I grew up with the good shows like early SpongeBob, Chalkzone, My Life as a Teenage Robot, the Fairly Oddparents, and Danny Phantom. Now, instead of having shows that are creative, funny, memorable, and even educational, they have the Thundermans, Henry Danger, Sanjay and Craig, Breadwinners, and Pig Goat Banana Cricket. All of which are the opposite of great shows. Now it feels like they don't care as much about making good shows for kids of all ages as they do making money. The same can be said for Disney and Cartoon Network since their shows follow the same horrible plot formulas as the Nickelodeon shows. If they can't make good shows anymore, then they should just stop making them and put re-runs of their good shows on tv.

I think disney channel has gotten the worst. Especially on the shows for the younger kids. They used to have all those cute shows like PB&J otter, rollie pollie ollie, bear in the big blue house and stuff like that. They've even changed pooh! They've turned Christopher Robin into some girl now. I used to love the shows on Nickelodeon that you mentioned and I don't like their new shows either. I never really like cartoon network so I can't say much about that. I don't watch those channels anymore so I can't really say much about them but I will watch cartoons every once in a while and nick jr. still has some cute ones like Franklin and Little Bear.

VH1 and MTV just show trash now that's not even worth watching.

• Tiffa

Personally I think all 6 channels are going downhill.

Nick: I miss all the oldies and Danny Phantom. I still watch Fairy OddParents. But the new episodes Nick showed last week of Spongebob were so boring and not funny.

Disney: I watch Suite Life on Deck when I'm really bored. Every other show makes me sick.

CN: 6Teen is annoying and I bet Stoked will be the same. I hate Chowder and the like. I miss Toonami. I really miss Naruto. The only time I watch CN now is for Bleach, Code Geass and Bakugan. Though I force myself to watch Bakugan since its like a rip off of Yu-Gi-Oh, Sakura:Cardcaptors, Pokemon, and Bey Blade all in one.

BET: 2009 awards/ "tribute" to MJ was an epic fail!

VH1 and MTV: tiny bit of music, a lot of crappy reality shows

Disney channel.

I totally agree.

I remember when my brother and I were young..and actually got along.. always watched cartoon network and nickelodeon..

I miss Pete & Pete, Doug, Hey Arnold, Johnny Bravo, The Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Edd, Ed, & Eddy, Foster's Home for imaginary Friend, Grim Adventure of Billy & Mandy, and Teen Titans..

but they still play Teen Titans, Ed, Edd, and Eddy, and Billy and Mandy at times..

and Boomerang plays Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Bravo at times too...

so they aren't completely gone... but I really do miss Pete & Pete..

=[

Disney Channel, because i only like 4 shows.

• Jen

I think Nickelodeon went downhill the most.

As for MTV, I completely agree. They don't even deserve to be called Music Television anymore, because VH1 actually plays more music than they do (VH1 plays music in the morning).