Blazer
Blazer asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

How long does a Gillette Fusion blade last?

I was going to try the Fusion blades, as I heard they work well. But I had some sticker shock when I saw 8 replacement blades for $25. Seems absurdly expensive. Any comments on how long they last, can you use each one for a week or two?

Thanks.

• NAP BQ
    Best Answer

That is the brand I use. Best shave ever. I can use it for about 6 shaves, then it gets "difficult" on the face. What I do is not shave on weekends, and sometimes skips a day here and there during the week. So, I can make a blade last about two weeks.

Tricks I have heard about are dipping the blade in oil, such as olive oil to keep it from "rusting," but I have never done this. I do blow dry it gently in the direction of the blades after rinsing it from the back to the front

• Erika

Fusion Blade

I use the power one and found each single cartridge lasts for at least 4 months with three times a week shaving and my beard grow a little faster.

• Tokvon

Here is a link for Fusion replacement blades pkg. of 4 for $7. plus $7. for S&H

So you're better off buying them at $25. for 8 blades from where you were going to originally really.

You're not going to find them any cheaper anywhere else ever. One blade lasts me over a month at least and more sometimes depends because I only shave 2-3 times a week tops so go figure. Best razor I've ever used.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ZU9DL2/ref=asc_df_B00...

Both my husband and I have the Proglide style and he replaces his blade about 1-2 times a year. I on the other hand, with being a woman, can make a blade last so far 14 months and I shave alot. Trick is to let them dry and not stay wet in the shower. LOVE THEM!! And we end up saving $$$

I'm seconding Tokvon's suggestion. I've been able to stretch my 5 Fusion blades out for MONTHS because I don't shave every day. Hell, I consider it a minor miracle if I do it more than twice a week.

dont get fusion

Get Wilkinson Sword Quattro Titanium - it is a much nicer, better razor and blades.

The blades last for ages - way longer than fusion ones, as the Titanium blades are made of - titanium - which makes them last and give a very good cut

Source(s): owner of a Wilkinson sword quattro titanium and unfortunately did own a fusion