Ears really hurt when landing on Airplane?

Almost 3 weeks ago I flew from London to Lebanon which is where I am now on holiday, and I had a stopover so I came through 2 planes, and when landing in both planes, my ears REALLY, REALLY hurt and I cried (I'm 16). When I was a baby, capsules or something were put into my ears because I couldn't hear very... show more Almost 3 weeks ago I flew from London to Lebanon which is where I am now on holiday, and I had a stopover so I came through 2 planes, and when landing in both planes, my ears REALLY, REALLY hurt and I cried (I'm 16). When I was a baby, capsules or something were put into my ears because I couldn't hear very clearly or loudly (my hearing is normal since), but when going down on mountains or landing from airplanes, the air pressure hurts my ears but much much more when landing. Thing is, I ALWAYS chew, so chewing didn't help, I tried opening my mouth or even swallowing without breathing, so is there any medicine I can take to stop this pain?

My cousin is a doctor and told me to take something called 'betasen' or something like that, but I can't seem to remember the name of the medicine! It started with beta or bete lol, anyway he said take it 30 mins before landing, but he said "it shouldn't be that much of a big deal".. I don't think he quite understands the pain LOL

I'm worried because on 16th of August I will be flying back to the UK through 2 planes and I can't stand this pain twice again!
Update: My mum said if I block my ears, my head will blow up LOL. I said "What if I just put my fingers in my ears to block them?" She replies with; "No your head will blow up".

Is that even possible? lol