Sean G
Sean G asked in SportsBoxing · 1 decade ago

B.A.D. Who wins Saturday?

HBO Sports hosts three sizzling showdowns in the Texas heat when HBO Boxing After Dark: Juan Diaz vs. Paulie Malignaggi, Malcolm Klassen vs. Robert Guerrero and Danny Jacobs vs. Ishe Smith is presented on Saturday, Aug. 22 at 9:45 p.m. (ET/PT), from the Toyota Center in Houston, exclusively on HBO.

Diaz v. Malignaggi?

Klassen v. Guerro?

Jacobs v Smith?

...and why?

• MMW
    Favorite Answer

Diaz vs Malignaggi- I'm leaning towards Diaz. He's a great body puncher and will surely slow Malignaggi down. Maligaggi is known for his jab, but Diaz can also throw very effective jabs as well. Diaz by TKO in the late rounds.

Klassen vs Guerrero- Guerrero is still bothered by people calling him a quitter after what he did two fights ago. To be honest I'm still disappointed. Klassen has good skill and will present a good challenge for Guerrero. Guerrero by UD.

Jacobs vs Smith.- I see Jacobs taking this one by UD.

It's going to be a great night of boxing.

• Malignaggi can win this fight if he chooses to stay outside of Diaz's range and box, using his superior jab to keep Diaz at bay. Diaz's best work is done on the inside, but he's not a hard puncher, and Malignaggi has a chin of iron. I can see this fight being won by Malignaggi on a very wide pionts decision.

Malcolm Klassen presents a serious challenge for Guerrero, much like Daud Yordan did (before the fight was stopped on cuts, resulting in a no decision and an endless amount of criticism going Guerrero's way, questioning his heart). I feel Guerrero will pull it off, though it will be close as Klassen is talented.

I know Jacobs has the talent, but does he have the punch? Smith is a pretty talented boxer, and while he doesn't have the hardest of punches, his overall skills are pretty good. He likes to work to the body quite a bit. I'd take Jacobs on this one, though the fight could go either way.

Juan Diaz will just continue to move forward as the Baby Bull always does swinging away and putting in the work. I think he is too much for "Little Mac" and he will take enough of the later rounds for a UD or a late TKO.

I take The Ghost Robert Guerrero by decision also.

I think Ishe Smith will win the last match by doing what he does best avoiding taking the big shots, being defensive and doing enough to win rounds.