Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 decade ago

Drug interaction question: Vicodin + Trazodone. Good or bad?

I used a few drug interaction checkers on line and some say its bad some say its fine. Any doctors who can tell me?

Favorite Answer

there is a risk of respiratory depression and it is a moderate interaction. some people take them together and they are fine it depends on you and your doctor.

Source(s): pharmacist in training!
  • jon

Vicodin And Trazodone

Hey,

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

Hope this helps,

There is no direct interaction between the 2 drugs.

Source(s): GP for more years than I care to remember
  • ?

Call you prescribing doctor or speak with a pharmacist. This is the safest and easiest way to go with this on. I don't know that I would take a chance without proper information. Good luck to you and feel better!

Source(s): 11yrs as a paramedic

Hydrocodone is available only in combination with other ingredients, and different combination products are prescribed for different uses. Some hydrocodone products are used to relieve moderate to severe pain. Other hydrocodone products are used to relieve cough. Hydrocodone is in a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics and in a class of medications called antitussives. Hydrocodone relieves pain by changing the way the brain and nervous system respond to pain. Hydrocodone relieves cough by decreasing activity in the part of the brain that causes coughing.

Trazodone is used to treat depression. Trazodone is in a class of medications called serotonin modulators. It works by increasing the amount of serotonin, a natural substance in the brain that helps maintain mental balance.

Consult your doctor or a pharmacist.