Painting murals inside without damaging walls, and painting over multiple times?

so with the coming of my new house, one of the many experiments i want to do is make a room with white walls so that I can paint murals on them. Now, I am familiar with art, but I am not experienced in painting. In other words, I have the general ideas of what to do, just not the experience. Anyways, with this is... show more so with the coming of my new house, one of the many experiments i want to do is make a room with white walls so that I can paint murals on them. Now, I am familiar with art, but I am not experienced in painting. In other words, I have the general ideas of what to do, just not the experience. Anyways, with this is mind, I expect the first painting to be pretty bad, but what i plan to do is to just keep painting over little by little, adding more detail, or painting over certain parts. I figured that over a long time, eventually I can make something pretty good, and I've got some really good ideas in my head I just have to work on getting them out onto a painting. So what I want to know is, first of all, would/could this style of painting work, just painting over and over many times to cover up flaws? And also, is there a way to do all this without ruining the walls and lowering the value of the house? I don't know too much about painting inside so I know I'll just need good ventilation but I figured that wont matter I'm I'm only using a small amount of paint at a time, like just an average brush not a giant roller or anything. Or if there's anything else that I should really know, please I could use the advice. Anyways anyone who knows a bit about how these things work, any input would be appreciated. thanks!

also i didnt know if this should be under the painting section or under the remodeling or other home section so if you think this is in the wrong place just tell me