.
. asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

i want to loose weight..?

okay so i weight 123.9 pounds and i am 5'1. i look terrible. (well fat). i want to loose 23 pounds. what are good daily exercises to do? what things should i eat? how long would it take me? (i have muscle too) need more details? email me.

Favorite Answer

First you need to eat some kind of fruit in the morning. And for lunch have a half of a sandwich. Don't have any dinner. I did this routine for a month. I was 170 pounds and i did this and in 1 month i was down to 150 and so on. Exercise 3-4 times a week.

The best thing to do is simply exercise and eat correctly on the days you can. I am over weight but have recently lost 20lbs just by following those to simple things. I know it can get hard, but don't give up! Breakfast is of course the most important meal of the day so DO NOT skip it. Actually, studies show that eating breakfast can help you lose weight in the process of weight loss. If you must skip a meal make it dinner. Also don't eat after 8 or 8:30 pm. Exercise is also important. The days you CAN exercise make sure its at least a good hour (cardio can be for 30 mins). Good luck && I hope I helped!

Combining a reasonable exercise program with a good weight loss diet is the secret to boosting metabolism and improving your life. This article will talk about the reasons for this impressive combination.

Excess weight predisposes people to all kinds of medical issues. It has been reported that about 300,000 people die each year due to weight or obesity related complications.

Obesity now affects over 25% of the US population and more and more people are realizing that obesity kills. Obesity leads to difficulty sleeping, breathing and walking and also makes people feel badly about themselves.

There are numerous causes for obesity. One of them is eating more than the body is breaking down through the normal body metabolism. Eating more calories than you use results in excess fat, often accumulating in the abdominal area.

Some people gain weight because of a genetically slow metabolism.Others get overweight because of a combination of all of the above not to mention the contributing factor of a sedentary life, a life that is devoid of exercise and little movement. In the US, a lot of people live a sedentary life because of using their vehicles even for relatively small distances. This is where combining a sound exercise regime with a well planned weight loss diet can make a big difference,

Most of us need to jump start our metabolism by incorporating exercise into our lifestyle.

Now, you might think that aerobic exercise is an important part of boosting your metabolism; and that would be right! That would be a great place to start if your doctor gives you the go- ahead.

Yet if cardiovascular exercising is the place to start, does that mean that it’s the place to end? No! Far too many people incorporate aerobic exercise into their life but they don’t take it to the next step.

Not because they’re lazy; but because, frankly, they don’t know that there is significantly more that they can do in their home gym, or at the fitness club, that will boost their metabolism even more potently.

Let’s talk about what those next steps should be.

Shape Muscle

Women in particular are wary of building muscle. Women don’t want to build bulk and are fearful of that possibility.

This shouldn’t be an issue since it just doesn’t happen.Provided that women aren’t supporting their workouts with specific muscle-building supplements, there is no need to be concerned; because building lean muscle won’t make them bulk up.

So why should people incorporate muscle building? Isn’t aerobic exercising the one that makes a difference? Again, the answer is: No! Besides a great weight loss diet and aerobic conditioning, muscle building is critical for raising metabolism.

How? Its simple, muscle uses more calories than fat. So what? It means that every muscle you grow from exercise will be helping you burn calories – even when you sleep.It happens automatically.You’ll simply burn more calories, because muscle simply requires more of an energy investment. That doesn’t mean that you don’t have to keep up the effort – eventually if you don’t continue working your muscles, they will go away. But keeping up a moderate muscle building program will take care of that automatically.

Once you start strength training, your body starts burning more calories. Sleep and burn more calories.

Just get in the habit of building muscle even if you carry a little extra fat now. Yes, you should enjoy cardiovascular exercise too, because that’s ultimately how your body is going to burn existing fat. But muscle building plays a very supportive role in that quest.

Put your meals on a schedule. It has been proven in studies that your body will recognize the schedule and know when it will be getting the next meal or snack instead of preparing to go into starvation mode every time you get hungry.When your body prepares for starvation mode or is in starvation mode, it will store food and water weight to live off of incase you start to starve. Once it recognizes the schedule, it wont store as much and you will lose weight. Doctors have suggested eating three meals and three snacks a day. The great thing about this diet, is it isn't a diet at all, you still get to eat the same foods you always do. But if you want to lose more weight quicker, you can combind this with a healthy diet to help.

Source(s): did it. =]

Stay away from pasta, pizza, bread, sugar, process foods... (complex carbs)

Eat veggies, lean meats, fruit, nuts, herbs, plain yogart (you can sweeten it with honey and fruit)...

I did a yeast cleanse diet for 3 week and lost 15 pounds and got into some good dietary habits from the nutritional knowledge I gained and never regained it. The good thing about this diet is that you're still eating all the food you need to keep you healthy and strong.

run run and run i dropped 20 pounds in 2 weeks wit running and eating stuff wit no fat such as tuna, yogurt, protein shakes, water and lots of it and try to exercise all the time and no eating late like if u do all that u will lose and if u want take hydroxycut it will work but its hard to find and take it safely

First off your not fat! Im the same weight & height. But decreasing your calories a day by 500 worked well for me.

One thing that works for me is: before I eat, I drink a large glass of water, then if I'm still hungry, I won't eat as much as I would have.

also, fyi:

1 pound = 3500 calories.

If you burn more calories than you eat, you will lose weight.

ie, if you eat 2000 calories per day and burn 2500, you will lose 1 pound every week.

the average person burns 1500-2000 calories per day, just being alive.

powerwalking can burn 200-500 calories per hour.

exercise bike can burn 200-600 calories per hour.

swimming can burn 100-800 calories per hour.

jogging/running can burn 300-1200 calories per hour.

playing a sport is a great way to stay fit. ride your bike, take walks. Eat healthy things of course like fruits and veggies. but dont skip meals becuase tht slows down your metabolism. so, eat full and healthy meals

Just cut back on the little things, for eating atlease. When you go to the movies, don't get popcorn. Get lifewater!

Do excersizing tapes. They are great

!