what do you think about my chances?

Graduating from high school with a 79 GPA and 1070 on SAT's, going to a good local community college. if i go for Liberal Arts and Sciences: Humanities and social sciences (A.A.) and put everything into it and get a 3.9- 4.0 what kind of shot do i have at getting accepted at an ivy league school like Brown for something like Economics? They don't offer economics at the community college i am attending. Is it a lot easier to get into a real prestigious school if you do real well in a community college and will your high school records matter? i know i have not put that much into my grades all through high school but i am very excited to do absolutely everything in my power to succeed and become a perfect student. I know i can be just that because when i have the motivation i can do real well however i felt like it did not matter if i tried real hard after my first two years of high school because of the little effect it was having on my overall due to a bad start but i am so eager to get a jump on things.

Please give me your thoughts if you have any advise or answers. thanks!

Favorite Answer

Most Ivy Leagues won't even look at your application unless you get at least a 1350 (on the low end) or better on your SAT. It sucks but you should still strive to do well and transfer to another private university. It's more impressive to show improvement, which you can show by improving your grades!

ok i will give you one website it is http://survivehighschooleasy.blogspot.com/ go to this web site and click on the "high school scholar ship " click all of them that says "high school scholar ship " and check them you will get your question answer on one of them.