Brittany asked in PetsOther - Pets · 1 decade ago

Are there any Horses up for adoption under $100?

I'm trying to save up for a Horse that my parents and I have talked over with FOREVER...My dad said I was responsible enough for one of my own. I need a Horse that is good with kids, because I have a little brother that just LOVES to ride them, but he isn't that good, LOL

PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!! =]

I KNOW that they cost a lot over $100 dollars to take care of every month and I KNOW that they're not just a regular pet, but I've been trained well and my parents said that if I bought the Horse, they would pay for it until I get a job and pay for it myself...

Favorite Answer

check out craigslist, my area has ads on there daily for horses. Some for free. Call your local large animal vet and ask if they know of anyone looking for a home for their horse.

It costs more than that a month to take care of a horse. It's not a dog or a cat, you just can't bed them down in the living room!

This is the kind of horse you can get for under $100 dollars!

http://images.marketworks.com/hi/72/72151/horsepin...

• *****

Nothing rideable. The only horses under $100 will be those that are lame and suitable only for pets. Horses are EXTREMELY expensive to care for, even the routine expenses, and they will cost well over $100 every month just for feed and basic care. A well-broke kid-safe horse will run you well over $1000.

Check petfinder.com