xANGELx asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

what foods should i buy If i am on a tight budget and want to loose weight?

I am trying to loose at least 2 pounds a week and in total 5 pounds

I will be going food shopping soon on a very tight budget of $100(the foods I buy have to last me at least 2 or 3 weeks because I won't be able to go food shopping again till then), so what foods should I buy?(please provide the names If possible)

What should I eat before and after a workout?

Favorite Answer

Buy bread flour and pasta flour and make your own bread and pasta. Much cheaper. Eggs are cheap too as well as chicken in bulk.

Don't buy anything frozen, processed or packaged...expensive and not healthy.

Imagine that you're living a few hundred centuries ago. Don't buy anything those people would not have.

For breakfast: A bowl of cereal (like granola) with milk (Doesn't matter what percent) and a fruit. Eat a big breakfast!

*try to work out in the morning*

After workout: Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich with a glass of chocolate milk if possible, otherwise regular milk.

Lunch: Nothing greasy. Like a tuna sandwich or something healthy like a salad and if you are feeling like you want to treat yourself do some BAKED potato chips otherwise just eat healthy.

Supper: A normal sized supper with a vegetable (like a baked potato) and some chicken or fish.

This is what I ate for my workout plan, and lost a few pounds of fat and gained some muscle mass.

By the way I am only 15 so if you don't want to trust me, go ahead. Its fine. I'm not your personal trainer so yeah, don't depend on me to lose weight. Just do good workouts, don't overwork yourself and don't underwork yourself.

Sorry I can't really provide a list of foods. My mom does the shopping haha.

AND STAY AWAY FROM FATTY FOODS AND SODA!

I highly recommend this ...

After much, much online research.

http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-Orlistat-Capsule...

I'm 56 and have been taking Alli the past 6 months. I've lost 40 pounds and feel better than I have in many years (from a size 16 to a size 10). I recommend starting the food plan at least 3 days before taking the pills to detox your system. Once you get used to the low fat diet, you'll feel so good you won't crave those fatty cheeseburgers and french fries anymore. It's definitely a life change and not a diet.

Hope this help :) Good Luck!