How do i connect my laptop to the internet?

I just lost everything on my laptop and i was forced to reinstall windows xp on the internet, and it cleared everything and now its all plain and everything, however, i cant seem to find the place to connect to the internet, it was there before i was forced to re install windows xp, but now its not, can you please give me exact instructions on how to connect my laptop to my dlink wireless router please?

Favorite Answer

You need to download and install driver for your laptop's wifi card

head over your laptop manufacturer site, look for 'support/driver download' or something like that

Enter your laptop model number, choose your OS, download/install your drivers

Oh, I feel your pain! This happened to me a couple of months ago.

Okay, so you need to find a techie friend (unless you can do it) and pretty much just start a whole new server on your computer, and then at every start, you will be able to choose between the busted server and the new, internet friendly server.

However, you will need to reinstall your updated Microsoft Windows (if it is a Dell, which mine was) and your virus protection. Go out and buy a new virus protection, don't download one, because some are only compatible with certain computers, and they don't tell you. That is why my computer flipped out.

call the dlink on the router has a number thay can help or best buy can help you

if u go down to the start menu u could go to computer and search the wireless connections available

OR

down to the bottom rite corner and right hand click on the little computer icon thingy and click on VIEW AVAILABLE WIRELESS CONNECTION NETWORK or sth like dat and search to c it u have any available connections nearby

Go under control panel,

And there should be an internet connecting option,

Go through those steps (:

click on start tab and then go to "connect to" and as long as your lan switch is on it should pick up on the router.

Same as the other answer said