piper asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 decade ago

What Food Can I Make?

I am invited to a picnic this weekend and I have to bring something . I don't know what to make.

Would anyone have any suggestions on something, not a desert, that is good to eat and easy to make

I was told I could bring chicken salad but I hate making that. I am just looking for some suggestions on something that everyone would really love

Thank you so much

Favorite Answer

My cousins wife brought this to a family gathering and it was FANTASTIC. I thought i would hate it because i hate raw onions, but it was so good. Even my husband, (who hates tomatoes) was raving about it, and took it upon himself to ask her for the recipe so he could give it to me!

Ingredients:

3 pints cherry tomatoes halved (you can use multi-color)

3/4 lb feta cheese

1 small red onion, chopped

3 tbsp white wine vinegar

1/4 c. olive oil

1 tsp kosher salt

1/2 tsp. freshly cracked pepper

2 tbsp basil leaves, minced

2 tbsp flat leaf parsley

Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and place in a large bowl. Crumble the feta into large chunks (about 1/4 of an inch). Add the feta to the tomatoes and then add the onion, vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley. Toss gently and season again to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.

• Reen

If you want to be really lazy. Chop and peel some potatoes (or leave skin on if they are new or tiny potatoes) and boil them for 10-15 minutes until tender. While boiling spuds gently add a couple of eggs to boiling water. Once potatoes are cooked. Drain. Remove eggs and let everything cool down. Peel and chop egg. Put chopped potato and chopped egg in a container with a lid that you can take with you.

Mix some mayonnaise through the potato salad. Add some salt and pepper and some chopped fresh herbs like parsley or chives if you have them.Most people like freshly made potato salad.

Spaggate, fruit salad

just buy a few bags of chips and a few two liters of soda and there you go.

lol oh im just joshin ya!

make a pasta salad, it's very easy!

cut up salami, black olives, red onions, throw in a little cut up cilantro and of course cooked rigatoni. olive oil.. pepper... i really don't have a recipe cuz it changes everytime i make it lol. but you could also throw in some green or red peppers too. go wild and let your imagination take control man!

easy - pasta shells with a can of drained and washed tuna, some cherry tomatoes, black olives (drained) and feta cheese crumbles.

fruit salad. it's really easy and everyone loves it.