Stevo asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

I'm on vacation for 3 weeks, and my 29 gallon fish tank is only going to be fed once a day every day.?

I'm wondering if the fish will die. The person I gave the job of feeding will feed flakes for 3-5 minutes and one sinking wafer for the corycats.

Favorite Answer

That will be fine. Just make sure they don't overfeed. Ammonia levels will build up in the tank.

You should also think about showing them how to top off the water once or so while you are gone so the water doesn't evaporate too much and you can keep the tank's ammonia, etc levels in check.

If you are going away for three weeks and not doing any water changes I would only feed them every 2-3 days as you will cause very high toxic levels which will stress or kill your fish. I only feed my fish once or twice a week when I am home, and doing weekly water changes. They are all very healthy and certainly not starving.