EE33 asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

how do i kill a crab but not hurt them?

how do i catch crabs without killing them i tried stepping on them but it wont work they're too fast and sometimes i accidentally kill them. i don't want to eat it or whatever i just want to catch one and play with it.

also will it bite me or hurt me or can i let it crawl on me?

also how much food does one need?

Update:

oh i forgot i did the title wrong.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Gary C
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

If you kill a crab, you'll hurt it.

But if you want to CATCH a crab without hurting it, just pick it up gently with your fingers.

If you can't catch them by running after them, try turning over rocks or pieces of wood near or in the water. They very often have small crabs under them.

A crab probably won't bite you when you handle it, but it might pinch you with its claws. This doesn't hurt with most small crabs, but with larger ones it can smart.

How much food does a crab need? That all depends on the size and species of the crab.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I play with crabs all the time. Just pick them up in your mouth. It will most likely bite you but it feels good, almost orgasmic. And do not bring them home cuz then they get all boring and you have to buy stuff for them.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

well its odd and abnormal to be playing around with a crab. Crabs can deeply hurt you with it's sharp claws.. you sure you want to be around with a crab.?

• 1 decade ago

Find something furry to play with, traditionally one would play with something without claws.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

you will probly want to use a net and it will probly pinch you for sure and i have no clue on to wat to feed it cos not many people has one for a pet i would ask a crab fisher on that lol

• 1 decade ago

i dont think you should catch one they are wild and dont buy one

they will snap at you

you could buy hermit crabs

the one in shells

i usually see them at mall carts

they probly have it in stores

:]

• 1 decade ago

WTF

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.