SKC asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

My vet clipped one of my pups dewclaws too close?

I recently took my 6 boxer puppies to my vet (who I love) to get the tails docked and dews clipped but my runt has a nasty gash on her right paw where as all the rest look like there is just some hair missing. Will this heal properly or should I return her to the vet and ask that she be examined again?

• jeeeow
    Favorite Answer

Every once in a while a dewclaw is more attached to the bone than the others. It may have just required a little more surgical work to remove that dewclaw, and your vet had to suture or glue the skin together. Do call your vet,and ask about it. I'm sure he or she would be happy to recheck the paw if you feel it's not healing well.

• loux

it relatively is somewhat not some thing you desire to do your self without the right education, and countless journey.I try this myself at domicile, tails , dewclaws and photos, yet i became knowledgeable over the process three years via a qualified vet. before this education, I took my domestic canines to somebody that DID have that education. it somewhat is straightforward to do it improperly, you are able to understand precisely how, and understand what to do if there is bleeding that would not enable up etc. that is risk-free, in case you will stumble on a vet which will instruct you. i don't understand how straightforward that would desire to be, in view that I discovered via working as a vet tech for 3 years, and not observed my vet prepare somebody. you will be waiting to come across one that is prepared although, in case you verify around slightly. upload...you recognize the asserting " 10000 people can not all be incorrect" possibly that's the wording of the question? and everyone else isn't an fool? Pay nearer interest on your wording, and individuals won't misunderstand as lots. especially lots everyone theory the comparable undertaking,,,,so could not or not that is you extremely individuals?

That is NOT right... Animals have a blood filled tissue in their nails called the 'quick' and if you clip their nails it leaves jagged edges that cause pain often when put pressure on. Fileing is the natural way to trim pets nails. There are many filers that you can buy at various stores like walmart in the pet care isle. They will help you not get stcratches and will help it not hurt either. ANY vet should know that!!!!

• Annie

Strange, a dew claw removal shouldn't look like that. Is the wound clean and sealed with surgical glue? If it is, it will heal fine. If not, I'd go back.

Hmmm...i think it might be best to take him in to the vet make sure your pup doesn't have an infection...the last thing you need is to have a pup with an infection which would make an unhappy pup.

Source(s): proud owner of a cockapoo and foster mom to various doggies

Call the vet.

Call the vet and ask him. He's had the medical training to know.

• ?

Ask the vet to clarify for you.

i would give it a week to see if its just the glue they use instead of stitches.