how big will a hibiscus plant grow?

Favorite Answer

If left alone, in the correct environment, it never stops growing. The hibiscus next door to my home is about 15' high. It's over the roof high.

Depends on the species and variety as to how big a hibiscus plant will grow. Your local soil and climate will also be a determining factor in this as well. Most tropical (woody) types average 6-15 feet tall and the "hardy" or perennial species range from 3-12 feet in my experience. I have seen a few of the annual types reach 25 feet in height but only in the right locations.

Source(s): 60 years combined experience in the nursery industry between my partner and myself.

It depends on the species...I have had periannual hibiscus that was a mound about 1 foot high in IL, in FL I have bushes that grow VERY fast, I trim them every few months when they get about 4 1/2-5 feet tall. Now in IL I have dinner plate hibiscus that will open up soon. It is about 4 1/2 feet high, but the flowers will be about 10-12 inches in diameter. The blooms will die within a day or two, but it will keep on flowering.

Source(s): Personal experience with hibiscus.

In Florida or tropical climate, it will grow constantly to about 18-20 feet tall. Fertilize it monthly for best blooming and prune it to shape.

Ask Old McDonald. He is an expert in gardening and farming.

Source(s): My Donkey.

Smoke weed.