StephenG asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 decade ago

My mom all of a sudden got really sick what is it?

She was just sitting down, and all of a sudden she said she didn't feel good. Then she started vomiting like crazy. She doesn't have any other symtoms or anything. And i don't think she ate anything bad. Help? Is it just a stomach virus or something?

• CTC
    Favorite Answer

It could be food poisoning or a stomach virus. If shes still sick tomorrow u should take her to see a dr to get properly diagnosed. Good luck

Sounds like the stomach flu or maybe food poisoning... I would have her drink coca-cola, alka seltzer or maybe a special brew I drink:

1 cup hot water

arm of ginger (snap off a piece, cut it up into chunks)

honey

lemon

and in one of those tea makers/ coffee makers (with the strainer where you push it up and down) put the diced or minced ginger in the bottom, pour the hot water in, add lemon and let it sit for about 10 minutes, then add honey and sip slowly...

settles the stomach and allows your throat to heal.

good luck

p.s.- I really think she is just sick from a bug, nothing terribly major unless there was blood in the vomit

Source(s): webmd.com my own recipe coca-cola ginger-ale alka-seltzer etc.

I really don't want to scare you, but she might need to see an oncologist as soon as possible. This could be a brain tumor IF you really know she did not eat anything bad. If she did, no sense in scaring yourself, but my mother started vomiting and went to the dr. Less than 24 hrs later she was diagnosed with a brain tumor. Really really not trying to scare you, but make her go get checked out. Do NOT wait if symptoms continue. Hang in there!

Hopefully it's just a stomach virus or food poisoning and nothing serious.

you could go to webmd.com and in the search bar on the page it has this thing that says symptoms under it click it and you can put in the symptoms and it will tell you what your mom might have

Smoke weed.

I saw this on NCIS, unfortunately the guy died later.