Why do people always try to give people false hope?

Like on here, anytime someone who's clear minded enough to realize the futility of relationships and elects to remain single forever, you always get someone saying "Don't worry, you'll find someone who will change your mind". What basis do you have for that statement? 9/10 times people will just say "I just know" meaning no real basis, meaning it's just false hope. Why? So you can watch as they realize that it's not true and they'll fall into deep depression and have to cry themselves to sleep every night? What kind of sick bastards would do that?!

9/10 will say that, the rest will try to justify with some insanely specious reason.

Favorite Answer

According to Greek mythology, the only thing that was left in Pandora's box was "hope." Sometimes, that's all we have left. If a few kind strangers want to give that to someone in need, who are you to question them? Hope isn't a guarantee, but it is something. Don't get down on people who would see the world for its possibilities. You have a right to disagree, but keep in mind, they have the best intentions.

It's not sick to want someone to be happy. People say these things in hope that maybe some day you might have as much happiness that having a partner entails. It's not false hope to wish them to be happy. Yes relationships are hard but in this day and age what isn't? At the end of the day it's your choice whether you want to be alone or in a relationship. Personally having someone that you can share your worst and best moments with makes everything worth wild and who wants to be alone? But if you want you friends to tell you that your life sucks and you have no one and nothing to share it with and you will die a spinster than your the sick bastard not them.

The people who give me false hope really get on my nerves as well. Maybe it is given with the best of intentions but I think they should **** off and butt out and fix the problems that exist in their own life rather than poking their noses in where it isn't wanted!

Source(s): Experience

Well, offering someone false hope is also comfort.

Some people don't like to hear the truth and they'll whine until someone tells them something they want to hear. It's simple. Some people just can't take the truth so its easier to give false hope.

But false hope isn't always bad. It can motivate people into becoming stronger.

Maybe the people posting on here crying about being single forever are looking for positive affirmations to lift their spirits.

I haven't found that to be true: In my meanderings throughout Y!A, I've seen plenty of people on the sidewalks yelling up at the suicide: "Jump! Jump! Jump, already! I'm gonna miss my bus!"

alot of people do that cuz thay dont want them to get all sad but then the other person ends up geting even sader but people try to do it to be nice

because we've been in that mindset before, and then when you least expected it, we found someone, so logically it must be able to happen again, unless you do everything in your power to avoid that (like stop showering and stuff)

no offense but what is wrong with you! can you imagine the world if everyone thought that way!?!?!?!?

Thomas Edison: hey! what if use-

friend: forget it dude you already tried once your gonna fail.

Thomas Edison- :(

i know what you mean, people say theres someone for everyone but how?