Anonymous

Where should I apply for work if I have dreadlocks?

I'm a white male 17 years old and I have had dreads for 1 year and 3 months. Now I'm looking for work. Before I go job hunting I want a list of places that consider members of the counterculture.

Please do not tell me dreads are gross or that white people shouldn't have them. Cutting them is not an option. My dreads are extremely important to me. They show my personality and they give me confidence. All I want is a few lists. Thanks everyone.

Thanks for your answers, and thank you Mary for keeping an open mind and knowing that people can be diligent workers no matter their appearance.

I would rather not work at a grocery store because they will hire a lot of people and it can be hard to get hours. But I'm taking anything I can get. Keep those answers rolling

Favorite Answer

I've seen young men at Walmart with dreads. If your dreads give you confidence, go in expecting to get the job, and wow them with your personality.

you can work anywhere with dreads as long as they are in a neat ponytail for work