K0RND0G asked in SportsHockey · 1 decade ago

09-10 McCarty contract?

Is McCarty going to retire or will he play with the Wings again? They have not offered him a contract, but from what I remember McCarty said that him and Kenny were just working a few more things out a few weeks ago.

If McCarty ends up in minors I will be at the games. It may even be better for him, he can get more ice time. He is only 37, Lidstrom is 39. Draper and Malts are older.

In McCarty, Draper, and Maltbys primes McCarty was much better than Drapes and Malts. Heck, McCarty even had a 49 point season, that is far better than the average NHL'er.

• NIPS®
    Favorite Answer

MAC will play in Grand Rapids under a contract with only Grand Rapids from what I have read! No Wings contract or affiliation, except he will be a veteran on a team that houses the Wings prospects.

I doubt he'll be back. He is not the Darren McCarty that he used to be in his prime. He wouldn't get much ice time and he would probably end up being on a minor league team.

McCarty is done like dinner!

• Chris

No chance.They waived him last season, and are only 2.5mm under the cap.

We will find out soon.

OMG idk im going 2 CRY if they don't !!! hes my favorite player. they going to have problems if they don't sign him. they need the fighters!!! :'( it gets me said talking about it because he might not be back!!!!