Are my parents old to have a child my age?

I am 15. My Dad is 63. My mom is 49. Kids at school say they are way old... is that true? If they are old, what age should they be?

Favorite Answer

No.

Well my sister's 15 and my mom is 48. My dad is 49. They are not way old. My 13 year old friend's dad is 68. I don't know why people have to be so rude though. The next time somebody says something like that say,

"What age should they be?"

Source(s): Hope this helped
  • Lleh

A lot of the baby boomers opted to postpone having children until they were settled in their careers and had seen a bit of the world. My high school reunions revealed that my graduating class had produced nearly two separate generations of kids. The kids who got married as soon as they graduated produced children who were almost old enough to be the parents of the children of the kids who waited until they were in their thirties and forties to reproduce. You're probably fortunate that your parents waited. It's amazing how much growing up people do between 18 and 30-40. Not to mention your folks were probably a lot better off financially when you were born than they would have been if they had produced you sooner.

Your dad is a little old to have a kid your age, but nothing abnormal. Your mom is just the right age.

i'm 15 too and my mom is 54 and my dad is 59, your dad's age might be a bit older than average but your mom's age isn't that old at all

You are too old to have a younger sister or brother. You should be about 8 for oldest, and your mom should be 42 and your dad should be 45.

there's no "right age" to have a child. & you shouldn't care what kids at school say, they're just trying to feel superior over you anyway possible, and obviously this will get to you.

all that matters is that your parents are good parents and provide for your every need.

:)

be thankful.

it's more a matter of health than age. as long as your parents can take care of you (and any other siblings), then why should age matter? oh, and i'm about your age and my parents are in their high 50's, so i don't see anything wrong with your parents' ages...

Well, all I have to say is that regardless of how old you all are, there are no age limits on this situation.

They are definitely older than average, especially the father. It's alright though, it doesn't matter to be honest.

you know what i would say to those kids at school i would say "well maybe your parents are TOO YOUNG" lol :) its called smart talking them. lol :) ( i so made that word up) lol be thankful i bet your parents are awsome.