Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyOther - Skin & Body · 1 decade ago

What are the downs of having your belly button pierced ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well whoever wrote "people will think you're skanky" well they clearly aren't in this century. cause everyone has it done. it isn't 'skanky'. for the most part it's only seen in the summer.

But back to your question. I have my belly button pierced & i love it. But there are some downsides.

-First it can get infected easily. But it will also heal easily, if you treat it properly.

-Second if you play sports, they might make you take it out.

I'm a cheerleader, & most coaches (for cheering at least) make you take it out for games and practices.

I'd still suggest you get it ! it's very cute & fun (:

• 1 decade ago

So what are the main dangers of belly button piercings? According to the Children's Hospital of Boston's Center for Young Women's Health, the risks vary widely. These include bacterial infection, excessive bleeding, pain, scar tissue (including thick, discolored Keloid scars), nerve damage, and/or allergic reactions to the metal in the jewelry. If you decide to go ahead, there are ways to avoid these dangers to belly button piercings.

• 1 decade ago

You can't swim in chlorine water for a few weeks or so, if the ring is dangling, it will most likely get caught in jeans, infection is almost guaranteed, and it may scar or the hole may stretch and look ugly.

• 1 decade ago

it makes my belly button look strange when i take it out. it will leave a scar one day probably

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

um nothing really lol, you just got to keep up with cleaning it and like the other person said if you get a dangly one it could get caught on things. and it does not hurt to get it done

Source(s): personal experience
  • 1 decade ago

It can get caught on things

It hurts to get it peirced

You might not like it

http://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/Belly_button_...

• 1 decade ago

if its dangly it sometimes gets caught on things.

it hurts to get done

thats seriously it lol

• 1 decade ago

They can get infected easily, but i think that its worth it.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

all of the above-plus, imagine when u grow old & ur skin starts sagging-eew!

• 1 decade ago

It will hurt and people will think you're a skank.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.