what is a decent minidv camcorder in the $300-500 range.?
ok. first, im a high school kid, so i dont need a pro grade canon that costs 10K. secondly, 3 of my friends in video class recommended me to get a miniDV, so ill take their word for it. Lastly, i cant figure out which to get!! im lookin for sumting around 300-500, thats considered decent and not lame. (i asked one of them about a zr960, they said that itss lame.) im cool wit buying stuff off ebay, so u can recommend stuff around $700-750 as well, but if possible id rather know the ones in the$300-500 range first. Also, ive narrowed it down to Sony, Panasonic, and Canon, and i'd like to stickwit those. Thanx!!!!
- Anonymous1 decade agoFavorite Answer
For under $500 I would suggest Sony HDR-CX100 AVCHD HD Camcorder
- Capture 1920 x 1080 HD video to built-in flash memory
- 10x optical zoom, 120x digital zoom; Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens with SteadyShot image stabilization
- 2.7-inch wide touch-panel Clear Photo LCD Plus display
- 4-megapixel still image capture; Face Detection
- 8 GB built-in memory
and for $500-700 Canon VIXIA HG20 AVCHD 60 GB HDD Camcorder with 12x Optical Zoom is good to get