I got bit by a mosquito and...?

...The bite swelled up and made me have a big red patch on my face from it. What does this mean? Has this ever happened to you? Could it be that I am having an allergic reaction to the mosquito? What could it be? The bite is still swollen but I don't have the red patch anymore. Well I do have the red patch but its not as bad as it was! Please help! Im really worried.

Thanks in advance!

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I have strong reactions to mosquito bites. It sometimes takes a day or two for the bite to reach full capacity. It's called Skeeter Syndrome. We all have a reactions to mosquito bites but when it is extreme you are more allergic than average. Look up Skeeter Syndrome on line. It really exists!

• 1 decade ago

When I get bit on the face by a mosquito, it always swells up more than anywhere else. Put some hydrocortisone cream or Preparation H (yes, I know it sounds weird, but it works!) on it. That will help take the swelling and redness out of it. This is nothing to worry about and will be gone in a day or two.

Source(s): My experience...mosquitoes love me!
  • 1 decade ago

put toothpaste on your bite

sounds silly, but it's a good hoe remedy, it will feel cool and stop the itching

it also helps "dry out" the bug bite and reduce the swelling

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.