slow computer how do i fix it?

Favorite Answer

hello how are you ?

right ok so your computer is running very slowly.

if you message me i will teach you some very basic computer maintenance and its all 100% free.

if you would like my offer of help just message me and i will do what i can to assist you with everything thats needed.

i look forward to hearing from you soon and take care.

happy computing everyone,chris.

Source(s): previous experience of providing support to clients who need advice with computer maintenance related issues.

The best way is to download Ccleaner here http://bitly.com/UrALrK

Or you can go on Windows operating system locate the command prompt and go there to do the following:

Create a Recovery file of system and date it today.

Then begin by;

delete the 'Temp' folders..they have hidden subfolders so you need to set the attributes in order to bypass this. For each subfolder delete all cookies and rubbish left behnd after install-uninstalled programs. Do a 'dir' command to check your progress. Make sure the 'Temp' file is empty.

goto c:\windows\prefetch and delete everything in there..no exceptions

goto c:\windows folder and delete all the '$' files that have been installed by updates. They can all be succesfully deleted and just take up disk space.

Locate the Internet Temporary Files..Check to see how high the saving level is..some have it set at 30 days..but that stores faaaar tooo much data..though it slows down the system overal. Keep this to a minimum..suggest 2 or 5 at most.

Delete all 'cookies' all those you don't need.

Locate the windows directory and go through the folders you know and those you don't need. Check this once a week at least. Some programs will install under XP as NT and older systems where there is no check of systems weight.

Check to see that system files have not changed since last booting. Things like .ini files or .bat are important items.

Check for 'Hidden Directories' all over the disk...do this at the command prompt:

dir *.* /ah wil show these hidden directories

Check the 'dir' command for all parameters

5 ways to help you speed up your computer

1. Repair your Windows Registry

2. Remove Spyware or Adware from your computer

3. Scan for and remove a computer virus

4. Increase the expandable memory on your computer

5. Remove any large unwanted files, unused applications or other items that are taking up valuable space on your pc.

If you can remove these errors and make these simple changes then you will speed up a computer

Source(s): http://www.fixaslowcomputer.com/ - fix your slow computer in under 2 minutes

Most computers actually run slow because of a hidden part of your system, which is constantly being used by Windows. This part of your PC is called the "registry" and is the central database for Windows, which stores everything from your latest emails to your desktop wallpaper. It's one of the most important parts of Windows and can easily make your PC run slow.The more corrupt registry files your computer has, the more it struggles to read them.The files which makes it run slower and slower. To fix this, you simply need to use a registry cleaner http://cleanup-comuter-run-perfectly.com/ . These are small software tools which actually work by scanning through the registry and fixing any bad files that are in there. This then allows Windows to read as many files as it wants, when it wants to.

Run an anti-virus software like Norton security software. If its still slow delete and games, movies, or music files your not using. If its still slow invest in more memory (also known as RAM- Random Access Memory) which will make your computer run faster. Getting more RAM however means that you have to purchase new hardware and put it in your computer. You could back up the files you want to DVD's or an exteranl hardrive and then reinstall your operating system. Good luck!

You can check your boot up program, defragment your hdd, and clean up your registry. I think it's better for you to use some professional tools, the only one I paid for is called Perfect Optimizer.

Have a look:

http://www.fix-error.info/

It could keep your PC running smoother and improve its overall performance.

Ccleaner, Defraggler, add RAM, add a second hard drive [external or internal], Glary Utilities Free, and clean out junk files. That all I got, but it should help a lot.

Source(s): My experience.

Defrag your disc, delete temporary internet files, cookies and browsing history, run a virus scan.

Get better ram cards, delete unused files, close unused processes, defrag the HDD

I can help you with a service I offer called speed up my pc. Just go to http://www.supportspace.com/support/expert/Jon0 if you are interested, it costs some money, but I have really helped people in the past.