Beezy asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Is it bad if i wash my hair with only water, no shampoo or conditioner everyday?

Favorite Answer

If you don't use a lot of product on your hair and you don't have build up from using a lot of product, then it's okay. But you should use a shampoo to wash your scalp (not hair) when it starts to feel really dirty. It's your scalp that gets dirty and need to be cleaned, not your hair. When you rinse out your scalp, it the shampoo also washes your hair if you have any product on it, but it's not on your hair long enough to dry it out. Shampoo only dries out your hair. If you have time after you wash your scalp with just water, you should put some conditioner on your hair (not scalp) instead of just using water and then rinse it out. You hair will look more moisturized and healthier.

um i would say yes its bad

if you are really against shampoo & conditioner then at least wash it twice a week

you're going to have dandruff and smelly hair if you dont wash it a least a couple times a week

• Yeah I think it is. Using shampoo makes your hair more softer and if you don't use it then your hair might look more oily.

I've had friends who tried that, and their hair looked kinda greasy. I don't think it smelled very good either.

I've heard it's good for your hair...i'm skeptical though.

Yes, shampoo cleanses any oils or dirt you have in your hair.

Thats kinda gross..

i'd say yes