What drawing progam can i use?

What drawing program can i use to help me create my anime characters and films? I currently do doodles and sketches but want to do more than that. Ive already used photoshop and paint but that has its limits...

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Normally I would suggest photoshop, but for anime, you might be better off using a vector-based program such as Adobe Illustrator, which lets you create geometrical shapes, and fill them with textures or gradients. It can be a little hard to get used to, but it would work really well with what you're trying to do. If you don't already have it, or it's out of your price range, there are some free alternatives, such as inkscape, which you can download online.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Adobe Flash

• Well, you say youve already used it, but id say photoshop.

It does SEEM to have its limits, but it can do so much, alot of people do alot of drawing in a huge amount of styles with it, i also recomend getting a pc tablet pen thing. lol.

I have one, got it for a good price, and its very good for what i do.

"genius pensketch 9x12"

And for tips on getting the most out of photoshop and tutorials on drawing with it, just google it, because there are so many helpful pages and videos for this kinda thing.

• 1 decade ago

Adobe Illustrator.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

FLASH for sure

I have taken many art computer program classes and what you're describing is definitely flash. If you learn to use it well, you can make a cartoon in like 5 minutes. I've seen people do it and it's incredibly easy looking.

Look up flash! good luck!

Source(s): you could also try adobe illustrator, but that's more just creating art and cartoon stills instead of animation took computer focused classes for 8 years*
  • B Wong
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Illustrator ... unlike photoshop, this program is meant for illustrating

unless you scan your hand drawings in, photoshop is always the best

• 1 decade ago

Adobe Illustrator is an awesome tool to learn. You can scale your drawings without loss of quality and they look really sharp. You can scan your doodles and trace them in illustrator to clean them up and add color.

• 1 decade ago

GIMP is good. You can animate too, to an extent. And It's free and legal to download online.

Source(s): MY friend Alison and most of the deviantart.com community. (I use photoshop, myself)
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gimp is a really good program. It is a really great program for free.

• 1 decade ago

Ok I have used these...they are very good...

http://my.smithmicro.com/win/manga/index.html

http://my.smithmicro.com/win/anime/index.html

both are great for animation, creation and export to different formats for viewing....

Source(s): me
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.