Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 1 decade ago

Can someone tell me the affects Ecstasy or thizz has on the body and personality?

Not the way it makes you feel, cuz ive popped and i know how it feels. I mean like long term ****. I know about dehydration and spinal fluids and all that. Im talking like does it fry your brain? Does it kill brain cells? etc...Long term effects....

Favorite Answer

Haha all these people above my post need to FUoffCK!!!

First off, like anything in life, if you use in moderation there will be little harm. If you pop a roll now and then (say every couple of months) you'll be totally fine. Also in your own question you say you know about spinal fluids, I can tell you right now both ecstasy & acid for that matter & anything doesn't stay in your spinal fluid, that is just a weird rumor that somehow got passed around the world.

As far as long term effects go:

If you do take a lot of rolls for a long time you can damage the serotonin levels in your body. As a result (to put it simple) you can lose the ability to feel happy. This is really only if you really abuse the drug though. I have friends who have done 500+ rolls and even they are perfectly normal. (I wouldn't suggest doing that many, but it's an extreme example to prove a point).

I've done about 100 rolls in my time. I haven't rolled for about 2-3 years, and I would have to say I probably have more positive side effects than negative. One side effect I can directly link to rolling is that I am WAY happier ever since I've rolled. I took my first roll about 5-6 years ago and ever since that day I've been on a natural high (well wasn't natural at first =p) of happiness. I've also lightened up as far as getting angry, taking things too seriously, and stressing out. So for that matter I actually think I have benefited from taking them.

On the other hand my long term memory has gone to sh*t! I have a very difficult time remember things that even happened over a year ago, but I say hey, who really needs to remember the past anyway... I just live in the moment =p

All in all I would say though there definitely can be negative side effects. But again, this usually results with people who abuse the drug, and like anything in life if you do too much of 1 thing there will be negative side effects. I can honestly tell you from experience I know probably 20-25 people who have all done rolls, some 1-2 times, some wayyyyyyy too many times, but I've never met a person who has regretted it, or hasn't had a positive effect on their life because of it. By no means am I suggesting anyone should take ecstasy, but I will say if you do your research, practice safe usage, and are educated about the subject you can really learn some cool things about yourself with the help of rolls.

Sorry this was so f'in long but it really upsets me when I read all this sh*t about people saying BLAHHH YOU WILL DIE and blah blah blah when they haven't even tried the chemical themselves.

It's very sad there is such a negative connotation associated with this drug because really there are a lot of positive things you can discover about yourself and life though a good roll experience.

If you have any other questions about ecstasy feel free to hit me up at: throwthefuzzy@hotmail.com - I always love sharing stories and answering questions if you got any :) best of luck to you in the future, and happy to hear there are still some people out there who are willing to let loose :)

"damage the cells that produce serotonin, which has an important role in the regulation of mood, appetite, pain, learning and memory."

lots of dangers especially on impaired memory and memory loss. Also can cause brain damage, scientists are still doing tests to see if it will cause brain cancer or anymore damage with the cells other than this.

Brain imaging research in humans indicates that Ecstasy causes injury to the brain, affecting neurons that use the chemical serotonin to communicate with other neurons. The serotonin system plays a direct role in regulating mood, aggression, sexual activity, sleep, and sensitivity to pain. Many of the risks users face with Ecstasy use are similar to those found with the use of cocaine and amphetamines:

Psychological difficulties, including confusion, depression, sleep problems, drug craving, severe anxiety, and paranoia - during and sometimes weeks after taking Ecstasy.

Physical symptoms such as muscle tension, involuntary teeth clenching, nausea, blurred vision, rapid eye movement, faintness, and chills or sweating.

Increases in heart rate and blood pressure, a special risk for people with circulatory or heart disease.

Also, there is evidence that people who develop a rash that looks like acne after using Ecstasy may be risking severe side effects, including liver damage, if they continue to use the drug.

Research links Ecstasy use to long-term damage to those parts of the brain critical to thought and memory. One study, in primates, showed that exposure to MDMA for 4 days caused brain damage that was evident 6 to 7 years later.

MDA, the parent drug of MDMA, is an amphetamine-like drug that has also been abused and is similar in chemical structure to MDMA. Research shows that MDA also destroys serotonin-producing neurons in the brain.

MDMA also is related in its structure and effects to methamphetamine, which has been shown to cause degeneration of neurons containing the neurotransmitter dopamine. Damage to these neurons is the underlying cause of the motor disturbances seen in Parkinson's disease. Symptoms of this disease begin with lack of coordination and tremors and can eventually result in a form of paralysis.

Hey idiot do you think it kills brain cells?

All drugs kill brain cells. It does not do any good things to your body so stay away from it.

Be safe wear a condom :)

Your screwing your self the **** up stop please the thought of you asking such a question makes proof that your stupid or the ecstasy that makes you so horny and happy is killing your brain cells pick a tobbaco habit or something not drugs

why? why would you want to willfully introduce poisons into your body and sabotage your own health, your precious health that people would pay millions of dollars to have? have you buried friends who ruined their lives with drugs? have you run into old friends who looked at least 10 years older that they really were because of drug abuse?

If it's not food, don't eat it. If it's not going to make your body better, don't let it in.

ditto

pawski nailed it.

Its very bad.

VERY!