Hello asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 decade ago

Can I use Camera Raw on Photoshop on a JPEG image?

If so, how do I open the camera raw options?

thanks for any help =)

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well, it probably depends on your camera make, but in most cases yes you can. but for some reason I can't open CR2 files from EOS 40D,before the ones from eos 30D worked fine, and just double click lunched photoshop raw options. if it doesn't try open as, and select Camera Raw (and hopefully you open it without: could not complete your request because the file-format module cannot parse the file.)

if it opens you the file just adjust it and save or open in photoshop.

Update...

you may like to see this if you have any errors opening cr2 files:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407110.html

if you haven't updated the camera raw plugin and have cs3 you may find it here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.js...

to instal it manualy:

1. Exit Photoshop CS3 and Adobe Bridge.

2. Open My Computer.

3. Double-click Local Disk (C:).

4. Navigate to: (Please read directory carefully)

Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Plug-Ins\CS3\File Formats

5. Move the existing Camera Raw.8bi plug-in to another location (for example, a new folder on your desktop). Ensure you keep this version in case you need to revert back.

6. Copy the Camera Raw plug-in, Camera Raw.8bi, from the download into the same folder as Step 4.

7. Launch Photoshop CS3 or Adobe Bridge.

• Anonymous
    5 years ago

Depends on the camera model. Newer cameras aren't supported in CS5—you have to upgrade to CS6. You can also download Adobe's DNG converter for newer models. Adobe Lightroom and Apple Aperture are less expensive options that are specifically designed for photo enhancement, cataloging, and output for web and print. (Photoshop is intended for more drastic edits.) Certain camera manufacturers also provide their own raw format tools. For instance, you can download ViewNX for Nikon NEF files.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.