How To Get A Raccoon Out The Garage?

Yeah A Raccoon Just Walked Into our garage today and it seems like it doesn't want to get out...my parents are poking at it like little children im scared they might get bitten is there a humanly way of getting rid of it..now my dog is in the garage crying cause he wants to get the raccoon out..any advice and suggestions welcomed

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Noun
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

First, get the dog--and your parents--out of the area. Raccoons bite, and they carry rabies. They are NOT cute and cuddly. They're just plain MEAN.

The only way you'll get the raccoon to leave the garage is to put some raw meat outside. They like rotten meat too. Then, leave him alone. He will eventually go out, take his meat, growl at you and leave.

Source(s): Experience.
  • Anonymous
    4 years ago

Raccoon In Garage

• Eric
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Source(s): Woodworking Course http://woodworkingprojects.enle.info/?aLpJ
  • 5 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How To Get A Raccoon Out The Garage?

Yeah A Raccoon Just Walked Into our garage today and it seems like it doesn't want to get out...my parents are poking at it like little children im scared they might get bitten is there a humanly way of getting rid of it..now my dog is in the garage crying cause he wants to get the raccoon...

Source(s): raccoon garage: https://shortly.im/L3dZE
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

this time of year racoons are out looking for fruit and are likely NOT out during the day BECAUSE they are rabid. Get the dog inside, put out a can of fishy pet food outside the garage and then leave it alone. When he's gone close the garage. It probably lives nearby anyway, it wont stay it your garage without food or water, it was probably just cooler. In the spring they live on grubs, but in summer the dirt gets dried out and the grubs go deeper so easier pickings are trash and fruit trees.

• 1 decade ago

I have transported possums in those big plastic containers you use for storage. I caught the possum wearing heavy leather gloves. With a raccoon, I would also make sure my arms were covered. I put him in the box and drove him out in the country and released him. You may also be able to lure the raccoon into the box with some dog food. There are live traps available at most home stores. Probably the best bait is canned cat food of the fishy type. Your local animal control may take care of it for you.

• 1 decade ago

Throw a piece of bread out on the drive way.

Shut the door real quick.

The trouble is, it will come back for more.

A lot of people around here give the raccoons slices of bread and tey leave.

• Sarah
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avsuG

First, raccoons are very intelligent & will drive you crazy - it really is best to hire a professional. They are potentially hazardous to your health; they carry communicable diseases including rabies & even exposure to their feces can cause serious diseases including respiratory infections. *Wear leather gloves & respiratory protection!* If you still want to try to remove them: You have to find out how they are getting in. Any limbs over buildings, trellises, fences or bushes that might give access to the roof/low overhangs must be removed. A baited live-trap *may* catch them or you may have to watch for them to leave & work while they are out in the evening. (They are omnivores & like smelly fish like sardines, crawfish, chicken, hard candy, etc in the trap w/ a dish of water because raccoons do not have salivary glands & must wash their food to soften it.) Place the trap near where you think they are gaining access to the building & check it daily. Once they have been caught, you need to repair the point of entry. Use a piece of sturdy hardware cloth nailed firmly in place. If it is not secure they will just rip it up & be wiser for the next capture. Rerelease the animal once the building is secure. They will move into their secondary hideout & you will be free of the pest. :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wait for the garbage truck to come, when it empties all your trash, if the racoon is still there try to set up a trap and lure him out with food. He'll be trapped and out of your way but i think the only right, fair thing to do it let him out in a park. Just be careful not to get to close to him.

Source(s): me
  • Anonymous
    5 years ago

Get a humane trap from animal control who will sell you one or from another store or a vet or a cooperative extension in your area. Someone will have to relocate them themselves, like you, but if you call the press when you do it animal control will come next time. Why won't they come? Your family could get rabies, lyme disease, your dog could get sarcoptic mange. People could sicken and die. Try to tip him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.