Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Funeral-Can a dead person's body be buried after it is cremated?

On June 5th,2009 at about noon we were all at Burr Oak Cemetery cause we had to put my uncle John in the ground(his final resting place) and at the funeral I went to view his body and I touched it and it felt just like clay and it was very cold,how do I know if he was cremated.

And my uncle's grave was never messed with or dug up.

Favorite Answer

If a body is cremated then it is burned to ashes. You can bury the ashes, keep them in a decorative urn or spread them somewhere nice. The ashes look nothing like a human body and only weight a couple of pounds.

Your uncle may have been embalmed as this is very common in the US. Embalming is a process of removing the bodily fluids and replacing them with chemicals which will slow down the process of decay. It's normal to bury a body that has been embalmed.

A dead body is very different to a living person. I barely recognized my father when I first saw his body. The body that goes into the ground or is burned to ashes is not the person that you remember. I can't say for sure what has happened to the person you remember but I hope that he has gone on to a better place.

After cremation the ashes would fit in a tobacco tin sized urn

The statue was only a representation

The ashes can be interned separately

uh what???

was he supposed to be cremated?

some people do choose to have a open casket service with the body in cheap casket and later they are cremated and either buried or put in an urn or bag and taken home or elsewhere.

the body is treated if to be displayed and is cold and clay like no matter what.

why would the mortuary lie bout cremation its much cheaper

If he was cremated there would only be a small box of ashes. This is usually sprinkled over an area or buried in a small urn. They usually just dig a small hole and put the piece of grass back on top so it looks like it wasn't disturbed.

Um, if he were cremated there wouldn't *be* a body -- it gets burnt up.

Dead bodies don't feel like live ones. In our current culture we stuff the dead bodies full of chemicals to keep them from smelling bad and decaying too quickly. That's makes them feel even more strange. No big deal :)

Peace.

You would know. Cremated leaves only ashes. No body. So obviously he was not cremated.

if a person is cremated all that will be left is ashes. soo all u would have is a vase full of ashes that used to be ur uncle

the cool thing these days is they can take thows ashes and press them into diamonds!

family jewels

Yes..infact if it is a married person and they are both cremated they can be buried in the same plot.

If he was cremated he'd just be ashes.

You saw his body so he wasn't cremated.

You think they replaced your Uncle's body with a clay mold of him? You can't be serious