Blue
Blue asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 decade ago

Do men who take philosphy courses in college?

ever feel bad for wasting their parents $ or wasting time when they could learn something of value or based in reality?

I am a double major in education and automotive design.

So why then would someone say that education and money is waisted on taking women's studies classes?

Favorite Answer

anyone who goes to college for anything other than a degree that will get them a professional career the moment they walk out of school is making a foolish mistake.

• Adam

Studies In Liberal Arts

Including All Branches Of Social Science

Are Of Inestimable Benefit

In Producing Well-Rounded Humans

However It Is Very Likely That A Philosophy Graduate

Will Need To Have Some Sort Of Sideline

For Example:

-- Hairdresser

-- Meteorologist

-- Spelunker

-- Drag Queen

Source(s): I Am A Well-Rounded And Highly Educated One Of The Above

I'm not a big fan of Western philosophy. It seems to be misused by supremacists groups to justify their hateful agendas. At least in Western Philosophy though, one learns to think in a logical, well-planned, well thought out manner, this cannot be said for GWS students.

Now don't get me wrong I've read a few feminist philosophy books, and they are written by intelligent women who thought out their material very well, but the problem is one can make logical arguments following all the rules of logic, but still come to a false conclusion. Feminist philosophy, from my readings, are flawed since it is based on Marxism with a twist. The underlying current of feminist philosophy is that Patriarchies are bad things used to oppress all women, and their entire brand of Marxism is built upon that one keystone, which is too simplistic and narrow-minded to allow for a workable, all-encompassing philosophy. Feminist philosophers look at the world through a distorted Marxist lens and find no real truth, and ends up with a hateful ideology used primarily to fuel their movement. (I hear Nazis goosestepping when I make that comparison, for if one knows the history of Naziism there is an unsettling familiarity.)

At least with a philosophy degree one at least learns how to think, and depending on the branch of philosophy they study there is gainful employment to be found without getting a doctorate and becoming a professor.

Something of value? Like one of the thousands of clones who major in business? The value of a college degree is the piece of paper it's printed on. Just having it is its main purpose; what your major was isn't as important as you seem to think.

Read my response to the other topic. That was my first introduction to the concept of "women's studies classes", and if they are all like that then they should be banned as sexist brainwashing of girls trying to turn them into little monsters.

• Women don't belong in college. They belong in the kitchen cooking dinner and washing dishes, or in the bedroom pleasing their husbands.

Funny! 10!

philosophy is about thinking about life and it also helps.

women's studies is not helpful,in fact everyone who takes that those stupid crap comes out thinking that men are inferior to women.

• Dan A

Any degree which you do, which will not increase your chances of getting a graduate job is a waste of cash.

• Neo

No, they just go and find work at that big Philosophy Factory they just opened.