? asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 decade ago

will pouring gas on a wasp's nest kill them?

im not looking to burn them but will the fumes kill the wasp's

Best Answer

I've used gas to knock wasps out more than anything available..if you have open flames,pilot lights etcetera..or inside a house dont do it near them..I simply pour about 3 or 4 ounces in a can or cup with an open mouth..walk close to the nest easy..and slosh it on them..if a direct hit,..they drop instantly...

Yep, and it might kill you and whoever else lives nearby...just make sure there's no open flame. Seriously, don't do this.

One thing I tried was a spray of (believe it or not) Lysol, as I ran out of the handy dandy wasp spray. Lo and behold, the wasps stopped in their "tracks", and dropped to the ground, where I squashed their next to lifeless bodies with my tennis shoe. Then I scraped the nest down and sqashed that too. Lot less dangerous than gasoline.

Maybe you can give that a try instead.

Source(s): I did it a couple of days ago. Worked great.

Pouring gas on wasps melts their wings and kills them...

If you want to kill them and not get stung, spray them and the nest with WD 40 works better than bug spray they can't fly and suffocate.

Source(s): personal use

use water in stead