Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 decade ago

An unknown/withheld number calls my cell phone around once a week. When I answer there is silence. Any help?

The times appear to be random, roughly about once a week.

The number always appears as "unknown".

There is never a response or any sound at all from the other end - silence (possibly on mute?).

The last call i received (tonight), i answered the phone and left it, the caller did not hang up so i terminated the call after more than 5 minutes.

If anyone could give a clue as to whether this is a person, company or machine i would be grateful to you for satisfying my curiosity.

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

company with a auto-mated caller not acting properly

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

An unknown/withheld number calls my cell phone around once a week. When I answer there is silence. Any help?

The times appear to be random, roughly about once a week.

The number always appears as "unknown".

There is never a response or any sound at all from the other end - silence (possibly on mute?).

The last call i received (tonight), i answered the phone and left it, the caller did not...

Source(s): unknown withheld number calls cell phone week answer silence help: https://tinyurl.im/TLxXt
  • ?
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

Silent Calls Withheld Number

• 4 years ago

Reverse Phone Number Look Up Services

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Shari
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

For the best answers, search on this site https://smarturl.im/aD3S6

i would suggest calling your service provider right away. they probably can help you with this. it sounds fishy. you can also look in the phone book,if you didnt know they have listing in the front of how to place international calls. it tells you the countrys code (such as our area code). check that out it might tell you something. but no way no how would i try to answer it again. who knows now a days what can and or eventually come across our cells. i dont know if its possible or not. but i get text messages from friends that says send it to 10 friends. these are animated texts. when will a virus be attached and shut down your phone. the worst that can happen with your cell is they get your account number and call who knows where...then YOU get this bill. call your carrier right away.

• 1 decade ago

It's probably a person, maybe they are butt-dialing you. (but as we all know, butts are rarely silent; purses too!) Maybe, if you are bored, you could carry on a one sided conversation with this person. They may eventually reveal themselves!

Check with your phone company. Some companies have a star code to allow you to report crank calls. For example when this person calls you, you would hang up and then call *61 to automatically report this caller. (*61 is just an example. Check with your phone company to see if they offer this service and what the star code would be)

Otherwise, you may simply have to reject all blocked/unavailable numbers (another service your phone company can provide)

• 1 decade ago

Hey! The same thing happened to me a few years back, I'd always get silent calls (especially at around 3am), but I'll spare you the details. It turned out to be this girl that had it out for me. Its definately a person, could either be someone that misses you and wants to hear your voice, or someone who just wants to annoy/scare you - it depends on your social position at the moment. But see, sometimes these calls can be pretty scary cause you might have a stalker, so I recommend you let someone (if not the police) know that you're getting these calls.

• 1 decade ago

Block the call anyways, most cellphone providers can do that for free. Have the plan administrator call the cellphone provider customer service number for details. Pretty sure the customer service people on the other end should be able to get the caller blocked even if it is unknown.

ALSO: put your cellphone number into the federal do not call registry:

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

On that webpage, it says "You can register your home or mobile phone for free."

• 1 decade ago

It could be just a prank call but if it's been happening over and over then I can't be completely sure. If it bothers you, you could just have your number changed or maybe your cell phone company could block that number. Hope this helps! :)

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It's probably a prank caller. Just ignore him/her; whenever you get a call from "unknown", let it go to voicemail. They'll get tired after a while and move on to someone else.

• 1 decade ago

Call it back and ask politely do not call this number Again. if the person answers rudely you can have your choice to be aggressive or not. LOLL. Anyways.... if the calling does not stop contact your service and ask to please be blocked. That way they will not be able to reach you. AS WELL.... blocking may cost so you may wanna say its a nuisance caller. That is free.

Source(s): expireance.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.