? asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

Difference between hair salon and barber shop?

Could someone please let me know what is the difference between a hair salon and a barber shop? Where does teen usually go.... to a barber shop or hair salon?

Favorite Answer

If you are male then by all means go to the barber shop. There are very few people who are well trained in barbering and I would consider it a treat. Hair salons are open to any clientele but are most frequented by women.

Barber shops are more for gentlemen or men. Salons are more for women and offer many services. Teens will usually go to a salon.

Anyone can go to a barber shop though. In my opinion if your a girl a salon offers better care.

Barber shops usually just cut and wash and send you on the way. Salons do other things like color, perm, straightener, style, nails and sometimes massages. A lot of barbers just do a basic mens cuts. Salons usually do the more contemporary styles.

Source(s): I am a stylist

A hair salon is more up to date I think and geared more towards women i think, and they go more in depth. Barber shops are more for men. So depending on what you are looking for I guess

Price is the only difference. A barber shop is usually less expensive. Also, barber shops rarely, if ever, do women's hair.

• a barber cuts your hair with clippers,a hair dresser trims your pubic hair with her teeth