Why did my screen suddenly get this blue tint?

Ok, all of the sudden my computer screen just turned blue. There's a deep blue tint on the entire screen and it is really annoying. Why is this and how do I get rid of it?

Just checked/unplugged and then plugged back in every wire on my computer and it's still blue. It's done this before and it sometimes goes back to normal, but then it comes back to this blue tint.

Favorite Answer

I've had the same problem before and it was a bad graphics card, where the monitor cable plugs into the card on the card side had gone bad, having the second plug-in for an other monitor with the adaptor to fit to vga solved it but the card went bad after that about a few months later, My guess, is that if you've unplugged it all and plugged it back in and it will not fix your videocard could be definitley headed south, unless you had a magnet get too close to your monitor that will screw the colors up real quick, but in that case most monitors have the ability to refresh itself to fix magnetic screwups, i once put my subwoofer from my car too close to my monitor and it turned 7 different colors til i found the fix on the monitor options.

A computer's registry is one big database that has numerous files, options, and settings. These settings and options keep changing with every second of you using your PC and can lead to the damage of some of these settings. This causes errors to show up and the computer to have a BSOD. Registry cleaners http://cleanup-comuter-run-perfectly.com software scan the computer's errors and matches all files and settings with the applications that use them. If it identifies any file or setting to be damaged, missing, or corrupted, it provides you with an updated list of the same and also repairs these errors. Therefore, if your computer keeps crashing and need to fix blue screen of death a good registry cleaner is all you need. Your computer can also cause problems because of redundant files in its registry. Registry cleaners identify all these redundant and junk files that were left over during the uninstalling process of hardware of software and delete them. This makes sure that the "computer keeps having the BSOD" issue is taken care of.

That's what happened to my computer. It probably has a virus from downloading too many applications. Try going to the start menu on the bottom left of your computer screen then at the bottom of the start menu click on all programs. Right click on all of the applications and click delete. That's how the blue tint went away on my computer.

• Carol

I'm guessing you are using a VGA cable for the PC input which is an analog signal. It can deliver high definition but is not the way you should travel. For high definition TVs 720p or 1080p you want a digital connection via either DVI or HDMI

• isl247

Could be something as simple as a loose connection or it could be your monitor or video card about to go kaput. First, wiggle the video connection to see if it's come loose. If that's not it, you'll have to try swapping out with other hardware to troubleshoot where the problem lies.

check the data leads on both the monitor and the PC if they have become dislodged slightly then all the colours don't connect up and they become out of balance

• ted j

remove the plugs, spray on some wd-40 and replug back in.

David Dale and Tyrone Hopkins posted the same question. You should see their answers side by side.

Have you checked the cables are properly connected?

I don't think it is true