? asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Who are the Shee'ah? Does this accurately describe them?

Do you think this accurately decribes the Shee'ah?

A Brief Glance at the Deviant Sects

The Shee’ah

By The ‘Allaamah, The Faqeeh, The Shaikh, Doctor Saalih bin Fawzaan al-Fawzaan, may Allah preserve him.

Translated by: Abu Mu’aawiyah Aqil bin Kenneth Ingram

Source: Lumhah ‘an al-Firaq ad-Daalah.

The Shee’ah are those that are biased to Ahlul Bait (i.e. ‘Alee, may Allah be pleased with him, and his family). In its origin, tashayyu’ (tashayyu’ is a word that has the same root as shee’ah) means to follow or to support.

And surely from his (i.e. Nuh’s) followers (i.e. his shee’ah) is Ibraheem.

Surah Saaffaat (37): 83

Meaning that, from his (i.e. Nuh’s) followers and supporters of his religion is Ibraheem. Thereafter, it began to be used, in the unrestricted sense, to mean this deviant sect that claims that they are the followers of Ahlul Bait, and they are (i.e. Ahlul Bait) ‘Alee, may Allah be pleased with him, and his progeny.

They claim that ‘Alee is the rightful heir of the khilaafah after the Prophet, sallallahu ‘alaihi wa sallam, and that Abu Bakr, ‘Umar, ‘Uthmaan, and the companions oppressed ‘Alee by way of robbing him seizing the khilaafah from him by force. This is the likes of what they say. Surely, they have lied about that. That is because, the companions were unanimously agreed upon the bai’ah (pledge of allegiance) to Abu Bakr, may Allah be pleased with him, and from them was ‘Alee, may Allah be pleased with him. Likewise, he (i.e. ‘Alee) made bai’ah (pledge of allegiance) to ‘Umar, and ‘Uthmaan. So the meaning of this is that they (i.e. the Shee’ah) have betrayed and acted treacherous towards ‘Alee, may Allah be pleased with him.

They have declared the companions to be Kuffaar (disbelievers) except for a small number from amongst them. They began to curse Abu Bakr and ‘Umar, and they gave them the nickname “ the two idols of the Quraish”.

So from their methodology is that they have gone to extremes regarding the Imaams of Ahlul Bait (i.e. ‘Alee, may Allah be pleased with him, and his family). They give them the right of adding to the legislation and abrogating rulings. They also claim that the Qur’an has been altered and that it is incomplete. It reaches the extent that they take their Imaams as lords besides Allah. They build tombs on their graves and have erected domed shrines on their graves. They have begun to circumbulate (i.e. make Tawwaaf around) them, sacrifice to them, and make vows in their names.

The Shee’ah have divided into many sects some of them being less severe than others while others are more severe. From them are the Zaidiyyah, the Raafidah al-Ithnaa ‘Ashariyyah, the Ismaa’eeliyyah, the Faatimiyyah, the Quraamitah, and from them are a great number and many sects.

This is their like. Everyone that abandons the truth, they do not cease to be in difference and division. He, Ta’aalaa has said:

So if they believe as you believe (i.e. the companions) then they are rightly guided. But if they turn away, then they are only in opposition. So Allah will suffice for you against them. And He is The All Hearer, The All Knower.

Surah Baqarah (2): 137

So whoever abandons the truth, he is afflicted with falsehood, deviance, and division. He does not reach his goal, but rather he achieves loss, and Allah’s refuge is sought.

The Shee’ah have divided into many sects and denominations. The Qadariyyah have divided, and the Khawaarij have divided into many sects such as: The Azaariqah, the Hurooriyyah, the Najdaat, the Safriyyah, and the Ibaadiyyah. There are those from them that are extremists and those that are less than that.

@Elda, there you go again, always got something nice to say.

Al Hamdulillaah, you only push people closer to the sunnah with your horrible akhlaaq.

Wasn't it Allah's messenger that said, " Verily I was sent to perfect the best of manners". (Ahmed)

Oh, that's right...you don't accept these Hadeeth. Thats probably why you have no manners. May Allah excuse you for your ill manners, since you don't seem to like the sunnah of his messenger. May Allah guide you!

@Noub, Baarakallaahu feek akhee. May Allah increase you in nearness to him, aameen. I love this article. You do realize this is a Salafi site don't you? These are goo brothers Maa shaa allaah. I will be posting some more questions later about the importance of Salafiyyah. Jazaakallaahu khairaa Mahboob!

@H.D., Yes, many of the scholars of Ahl as-Sunnah wa al-Jamaa'ah say that the rawaafidh are not Muslim. Such as Imam Malik, Imam Ahmad, Imam Ath-Thahabee, and many others. Wallaahi, I do not consider them Muslims. View the link that Noub posted it provides useful info against the Raafidhah!

Best Answer

Yes, here is what the Ulema of Ahlus-sunnah Wal Jama' throughout time have to say with regards to the rafidha shia:

http://sunnahpublishing.net/modules/Manhaj/takfeer...

@Aisha - the shia will not tell you about the realities of their religion because it is something to be ashamed of since it is a religion which offers little to absolutely no answers, and even those little answers are full of contradiction.

Shia will not answer questions because their beliefs are ridiculous and full of contradictions, just look through my questions, in my profile I have asked shia MANY questions, and each question has NO ANSWER, they are quick to dodge the question and completely change the subject. And if they do offer an answer, then it will contradict what they would initially say.

Depends on what you believe.

Shi'a/Shiite/Sheeah are hard religion to study since they dont seem to like telling anybody unless they want to revert.

I'm trying to study the religion,but no Shi'a will give me infomation on their religion...(bit strange huh)

Some people say its Haraam for them to publicize their beliefs to non Shia's.

@user below: i said some people say its haraam for them.

and secondly yes ive been talking to shias they tell me to f** off and its non of my buisness, even the ones i talk to face 2 face. Shia books are damn hard to find in shops too. I havent seen any Shia book stores yet...even though my area is filled with Shia's and there is a Shia mosque near by too.

Assalamu Alaikum

HAHAAAAAA

You told Elda off there

yes this is accurate i want to say shia are murtid they are munafiq too

• FTL

Another scholar without a brain, what is new, do you people think that these scholars hold any sway on anyone, but the ignorant and fitna queens........

you cannot possibly explain who the shiaa are by using ur twisted salafi sources. this is the apex of stupidity.

@user above me: who on earth said its haram to publicise our beliefs. are u sure u have been talking to shias?

@user above: here take a look at this question. it contains alot of links.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AhDA3...

and like i said to u yesterday, u can email me, but this question is good. hope ull find whatever information u are looking for.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@asker: that article is insulting enough, yet Allah (swt) has blinded u of that truth. i dont quite understand how u expect to explain the shia beliefs and who we are, by bringing out what the salafis say. when everyone knows that salafis are the number 1 enemies of shiism. please, care to explain that to me, and then ill eat my own words.