Toddler mess, cleaning house for in-laws?

My in-laws will be coming from out of state to visit in a couple of weeks. I love my mother-in-law, but she has never seen our home before (she saw the apartment we lived in when our son was just born) and has a set impression that our house is messy, dirty, and small. I'll conceeded that it's messy. ... show more My in-laws will be coming from out of state to visit in a couple of weeks. I love my mother-in-law, but she has never seen our home before (she saw the apartment we lived in when our son was just born) and has a set impression that our house is messy, dirty, and small. I'll conceeded that it's messy.

Since I need to make a good impression on her to help her feel like we really aren't living in a dirty little hole in the wall, what specific things should I pay special attention to when cleaning? We have a 2 year old and the standard 2 year old toy spread throughout the house. What areas and aspects of our home will make everything look actually put together and under control, and clean?