Jamaican Family using Skin Bleach..Thoughts Please. (Video Included)?

I had seen a topic on Tyra Banks Show and it addressed black women who were bleaching their own skin in an effort to have lighter skin. One woman had gone so far as to bleach 2 of her 3 young sons, (The oldest was already lightskinned) and another woman hated her darker skin complexion so much that she turned to... show more I had seen a topic on Tyra Banks Show and it addressed black women who were bleaching their own skin in an effort to have lighter skin. One woman had gone so far as to bleach 2 of her 3 young sons, (The oldest was already lightskinned) and another woman hated her darker skin complexion so much that she turned to using actual bleach, which burned her skin and left scars. I saw a video on youtube that reminds me of this situation but this time it's a WHOLE family in Jamaica using the skin bleach, men included. After watching the video and reading their answers (it's a bit hard to understand their accents) as to why they do this, it really makes me a bit sad that they feel like this is what makes a person beautiful...Here it is below..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQgSB2E9S...

What do you all think about this "trend"?
Update: I know this isn't a trend, hence my use of parenthesis. I called it that because that's basically what their excuses were for using the skin cream. They said it's a "style". And the one guy they interviewed said he got more attention from girls when he used it. That just made me have to shake... show more I know this isn't a trend, hence my use of parenthesis. I called it that because that's basically what their excuses were for using the skin cream. They said it's a "style". And the one guy they interviewed said he got more attention from girls when he used it. That just made me have to shake my head.