Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Why did God rename the SciFi channel to SyFy? Doesn't this remind you of the film Idiocracy?

I mean SciFi => SyFy resembles the devolution of Fuddruckers => Buckrudders => Buttf*ckers, could this be... A SIGN?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

It was not God who renamed the TV channel. Ask the executives of the TV station on why they do that. Surely they followed a proposal from their Marketing Department.

• 1 decade ago

First of all, let's just clarify that you are the cutest, damn fuzzy thing I ever saw.

And secondly, I find the switch to 'syfy' to be a crime against nature and humanity. My roommate claims it's because they needed to lose a letter in the abbreviation, but I still maintain that scfi is far, far better than syfy.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wow, this is amazing. I had this EXACT thought the other day. The Idiocracy part, and everything.

Anyway, I am going to need to contact Upgrade about this immediately. He'll know what to do.

Edit: Oh, and I second MM. I miss him so much :(

• Ooooooh I was pissed about this change long before it actually went into effect. It's not just the stupid spelling, it's the programming line-up... they're fundamentally changing the channel so that it's no longer actually SCIENCE FICTION CENTRIC.

It's so insulting to it's long time core audience of science fiction fans.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Things are only going to get more and more dumbed down. Humans have peaked in the intelligence department. It's all downhill from here.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Because "Scifi" is a generic word for a particular genre and consequently can't be trademarked.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

that made me mad when i saw it the other day. someone told me (dont know if it is true or not) their website said they didn't want to be confined to a genre, they wanted to be a brand. either way, its stupid. i liked the SciFi channel dammit! i liked their little Sci-Fi themed bumps and in-screen moving adverts dammit!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

He wanted to attract a new demographic, women who don't like nerdy science fiction, to a channel that features nerdy science fiction, LOL.

• 1 decade ago

I know! Why'd they do that! It's stupid looking!

"SciFi" was at least relevant to the subject matter...

• 1 decade ago

Its hip! Its now!

But fyi you should know that hip and now are ghey.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.