How do I access a certain drive?

My 'My Computer' doesn't show that my K: drive exists. But when I go to 'Save As' in word or something like that it shows my K: drive and lets me save to it. It currently has a flash drive connected and working properly. I need to access it, and I know how to use a cmd prompt if there are any commands for it.

Favorite Answer

Step 1

Double-click "My Computer." The "My Computer" window opens. Here you will be able to see the various hard drives and partitions you have access to.

Step 2

Look in the "Hard Disk Drives" section of the window. The (C:) drive is your root drive. You may have a drive that is set for factory images. This will state something like, "FACTORY_IMAGE (D:)." Any other drives in this section will either be another hard drive or a partition. In the "Devices with Removable Storage" section you will see external hard drives, CD-ROMs, DVDs, or other removable disks.

Step 3

Select the partitioned drive you want to access by double-clicking on the drive letter of the partition (i.e."New Volume (Z:)). A window for the drive that you clicked on will open, showing files and folders that are located on the drive. In "My Computer" you can access any and all drives at your leisure.

Hopefully it helps you. For more ifnormation http://www.iyogi.net

Try doing

Start > Run

K:\