Can anything ... sway, rock, persuade Truth...that it is Wrong?

...and have you ever wondered the whys of this????

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Truths, no. Facts, yes...

To any who say that "truth is relative," these individuals fall under the pragmatist philosophy... Here is an excerpt for your enjoyment! ;-)

"...You will find that your pragmatists view truth as relative. Truth, in this philosophy, is dependent upon experience. I express to you that there are truths that are unchanging. A pragmatist incorporates all of philosophy, and creates their own truth relative to their experience; but not beyond.

There are truths beyond physical experience; constants that are, within themselves, a priori, to which a pragmatist does not subscribe... I am quite knowing that many incorporate the philosophy of pragmatism. Your truths, you believe, are based upon your experiences; and as they hold to be efficient, you hold them to be truthful. I will express to you also that your view of efficiency is distorted.

You view efficiency as what may be easiest. You believe this to be expedient. What you incorporate within physical focus may not always be your easiest path, so to speak, but it may be your most efficient for your intent. You may incorporate action which is needing of some effort initially, for you have trained yourselves within one direction; but within your action, your effortlessness comes. Therefore, the pragmatist views the experiences as being true, if they are efficient, temporarily; but once another philosophy introduces itself and they are viewing this as efficient also, they are inclined to be discontinuing in one and moving to another, much as a leaf blowing through the wind. It incorporates effortlessness in allowing the wind to carry it, but it does not direct itself. In this same way, the pragmatist floats with what he views to be an efficient philosophy, on a temporary basis.

I express to you that there are truths which are unchanging. Pragmatists do not believe in unchanging truths. All things, to the pragmatist, are changing; even truths. There is no truth within pragmatism! They are very aware of this fact, which they also incorporate quite well! Facts are very much within their focus. If a fact is presented, it is accepted.

Facts are changing. Truths are not. Throughout your history, many facts have changed! Within your present time, facts are changing! You will be learning, not from me, but from those around you and from what you incorporate around you, that many elements of your reality are changing; but these are facts! Your scientists incorporate them as fact! You also incorporate them as fact. They are learning that their facts are not so 'factual!'" ~Elias

Here is an amazing quote describing truth...

"Within consciousness, that which may be identified as truth are the qualities of consciousness that are translatable in every aspect of consciousness, and are not relative to certain expressions or areas of consciousness." ~Elias

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually just about anything can.

Truth is point of view, point of view is perception...and many times

a personal thing.

Think about that....Why would there be SO much disagreement along the lines........

of Politics and religion

Don't all those people think they are right...about their beliefs

Their truth

Look at how...political, social, cultural, and religious climates change

Look at how in the last .....???..... how ever many years those have changed.

That was peoples..perception and beliefs changing

That was their TRUTH changing

No judgment...but the truth about

Abortion

Gay Rights

Woman's Place in society

Minorities place in society

The USA speed limit

Marriage

Drinking and Driving

Drug use and abuse

The God word in public school

Sexual behaviors

Work Ethic

Entitlement from government

and..Overall Religious and Spiritual values

Like I said NO JUDGEMENT IMPLIED

BUT

The TRUTH on all those things has changed in my lifetime

Is that not TRUE??????????

Truth is point of view and perception....and in humans

always changing.

Some hold on ....some change...some flip flop....some don't commit

some take it all for what it is worth

Right or Wrong is point of view.

Behavior that is commended in one place ....may get you eaten alive in another

Source(s): No one has all the right answers Truth has weight....but that can change
  • pedro
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

A determined attorney, with plenty of money and preparation can create a persuasive detour for the court's judge and jury. Truth may be hidden by motions and decisions. An alternate reality is created, for their billable hours and political ends. Truth is not required to be spoken or proved by plaintiff attorneys. No oath is required of them. The destruction of Truth, for private gains, is motive and result in court. Truth is casualty, train wreck buried, dam burst flooded. Yet, Truth can vestigially persist, in minute regions of our mind and heart. Such are beliefs.

Source(s): Power over others persuades and manipulates the public on a daily basis. As a major result, Truth is 'proven' wrong in court, and misery is the result. Justice is not served; it is administered, with a jab.
  • 1 decade ago

truth is truth i don't think it can ever be wrong we may not like or even agree with it. Then again lonsomegeorge makes a lot of valid points and I kinda can see it that way as well hmm I will have to think on this farther!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Isaiah 28 talks of a foundation, which is Jesus,the chief cornerstone and the plumb line,which is righteousness.

Every master builder,builds with this in focus. and the end result is a perfect clear finnish,this is where most of us go wrong.

• Jesus Christ is the Truth, and He is never and can never be wrong because He is the very standard of what Truth is.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Thanks for asking this question, truth is in the person of Christ, and He is the Truth, there are not " many truths " but One, and He is this standard of truth by which all things are and will be judged.

In the scriptures it says, " let God be true, but every man a liar; " ( Romans 3:4 ) So even if all the world was of the same opinion, and if that opinion wasn't the truth that is found in Christ Jesus, all the world would be found to be liars, but Christ Who is the Truth will always be the Truth, He doesn't change.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

And I thank God that He doesn't change, this is why we can have such rock solid faith in Him, because we know Who He is, and since He doesn't change we can trust in Him, knowing that what He said He will also do. Praise God!

But if you were speaking of what changes people who think they have " truth ", it is the Lord. When the Lord shines the Truth of Himself in their hearts they know that the things that they have held onto was not truth at all, but were lies, and they can see those things as they are in truth, and in His Light.

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

with love and sincerity in Christ,

andrew

• SHIVA
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Everybody tries their best to prove truth to be wrong because truth is always correct.

Source(s): bn
  • 1 decade ago

False teachings will always be found out in time. Especially if one is constantly searching for explanation to teachings and answers to their questions.

That is why many of today's churches that use Christ but deny his divinity have a revolving door policy.

• 1 decade ago

1 + 1 = 2

truth

Truth can never be proved wrong.

• 1 decade ago

Truth can't be wrong, so no.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.