Madi asked in Food & DrinkVegetarian & Vegan · 1 decade ago

Is there a word that means 'doesn't eat seafood'?

I don't like seafood and choose not to eat it, is there a word that means you don't eat seafood? Like a vegetarian doesn't eat meat, A [blank] doesn't eat seafood. Thank you :D

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Best Answer

A pescetarian/pescatarian is someone who is on a mostly fish diet. So you could make up a word and say you're a pescephobe/pescaphobe.

There're two ways of spelling the word, although the pescetarian variant is the most commonly used. The word is also usually pronounced "pesketarian" following the rules of Classical Latin. Piscis in Latin means fish, so that might help you remember the word.

There's also another funnier term,"Afishianado" also used to describe someone who likes fish. That's obviously a play on the word "aficionado", which means a big fan of something.

Source(s): dictionary, internet articles
  • 1 decade ago

Nope there is no name for that because there are lots of people who do not like seafood, it is not like an ethical or health thing.

Source(s): Vegan Me
  • slug
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

There is no label, seafood is still meat so your only not eating one type of meat but you still eat meat.

• 1 decade ago

Omnivore/picky-eater.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • VM
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

A Meat eater who doesn't like Fish... Nothing special in my opinion.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

why do u want a label? There's no name for that. I'm 12 and i'm a Vegetarian, but they don't call me a special name like junior vegetarian or anything.

Source(s): vegetarian :)
  • 1 decade ago

I feel your pain. I've been looking for a word to describe myself as well: someone who doesn't eat pickles, cabbage, or reindeer. I need people to know these important things about me!

• 1 decade ago

Omnivore.

• Omnivore.

Just say you don't like seafood.

• 1 decade ago

LOL that is really funny, I will have to check back, I don't like seafood either.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.